PHP + MYSQL Difficulties

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Sexual Vanilla, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

Hello guys,
    I'm having some problems updating a MYSQL database using PHP. Essentially, I am supplying the "id" of the record I would like to edit, then filling in the values contained in the column in an html form. The user can then edit the fields and click update. The form properly displays the values. The only problem is that "update" does nothing. "Band Updated" is displayed, but the row remains the same after the "update." Any ideas?

Code:

2. Conrad10781

Conrad10781 New Member

I know this may sound funny but what happens if you remove your space before the UPDATE in " UPDATE... Also if that doesn't work are you getting any sort of error?

3. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

You have unmatched parenthesis here:

Code:
    $SQL = " UPDATE bandsite.bands SET (bandid = '$id', bandname = '$bandname', username = '$username', location = '$location', state = '$state', bio = '$bio' WHERE bandid ='$id'";

4. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

dot.

What IDE do you use? A good one would have caught that. I suggest PHPEdit. (I use 2.6.1.3521)

5. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

Thanks for the advice guys...upon further examination of the parenthesis in question, it turns out that I do not need them to begin with. In answer to the IDE question, I use Textpad. :dunno:

Thanks again! :bigthumb::bowdown: