PHP/MySQL and WEBDESIGN HELP

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by GB4LIFE, May 26, 2005.

1. GB4LIFE

GB4LIFE New Member

Okay, i've got a working website right now but i would like to add some php scripts to add usability. My understanding of PHP is not nearly what it needs to be to do this. So...the question is this.

How do i go about intigrating a login/user interface (like a forum has) that uses a database to keep track of everything into my existing html? Also I would like to intigrate like a "Who's online" type deal as well.

Now I know php-nuke does all this, but i dont want my site looking like a basic php-nuke site...its way obvious to tell one of those a mile away...I just want a few modules like a forum has intigrated in the site. Is it possible? Can anyone help? Thanks.

2. DarqueGT

DarqueGT New Member

www.phpfreaks.com has a membership / login tutorial that works well. I can be modified however you see fit as well. i have used it before for my wife's boss' website and it's partially in effect on my website.

3. GB4LIFE

GB4LIFE New Member

thanks ill check it out. I've downloaded a free php script in the past that was supposed to do what i wanted however i could never get it to work. Hopefully this one will be easier to install and run. Thanks Again!