PHP Image Sorting Database

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BigPaul, Jun 6, 2007.

1. BigPaul

BigPaul New Member

I’m looking for some PHP code that I can run locally that will look in an image directory and allow me to sort images via tags. Need to have all of the images in one directory on the computer but when the site displays I’d like it to look like the images are in directories (tags). Is there anything like this out there that anyone knows of?

Thanks

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I wrote a simple gallery script that uses my directory structure to build the albums. I prefer that. What you suggest is simply a cluster fuck.

3. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

What you are suggesting isn't that bad, I've also written a gallery script that used tags but I used them more as a comments type deal, there was no sorting by tags or anything like that. If there was some order and limit to the tags it could be done rather easily . . .

4. BigPaul

BigPaul New Member

I've got a dir with thousands of images they are all named via there MD5 tag. the reason I want to sort them by tags and not folders is because I need to be able to find things. say I have an image with a dog and a cat and a chicken in it... I want to tag it with those animals and then if I'm looking for a image of a dog I will get ALL images with dogs in them.