PHP Crew

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by k2737, Dec 21, 2005.

1. k2737

k2737 Active Member

I have to create a website where clients can log in and upload files to a server. Also they can log in and view the files they have uploaded before or remove them. I was thinking using php and mysql but not sure how I would totally secure it. I am just learning php and but it seems pretty straight forward so far. Any tips on how I could go about creating this file depository for the clients? Is there an easier way then using php and sql? If you guys have any websites or books that could help me out lt me know. :cool:

2. chips

chips ...

there is stuff out there allready hotscripts.com

3. k2737

k2737 Active Member

:bigthumb: Thanks I will have to check that out when I get home tonight. Anybody else have any ideas?

4. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

look into php sessions...

you will have to set up a site that does the following:
    -- has a login page the checks a mysql database of users and then starts a php session.
    -- has an upload page that uploads to a php script with the write privledges to a directory and then also stores where the image is, who uploaded it, etc. in a mysql database.
    -- a page where users can see what the uploaded and where the images are stored.

If you have any programming experience I would do it yourself as opposed to a basic script, you'll end up with a site that you know the ins and outs of and fits your every need.

5. k2737

k2737 Active Member

I want to write my own just to learn PHP really. But these pre-done ones are pretty tempting. I deffinitly need one that will fit into our companies web-page so I would have to edit the pre-made ones and I don't know how much the creators might like that haha. But thanks. I will deffinitly be trying those out. I have programming experience so it shouldnt be too hard. Just need some ideas on where to start thanks RyanL. :bigthumb: