PHP compiling help. v.I'mdyinghere

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by acabrera, Oct 6, 2003.

1. acabrera

acabrera Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Ok php comes preinstalled on OS X 10.3 but the path to my installed mysql ins't the same and I want to upgrade to php-4.3.3 so I tried to go with the usual ./configuration arguement

Code:
    > ./configure --with-apxs --with-xml --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql

everything configures perefectly, but when I run "make" i get the following error

Code:
    ext/standard/dns.o  && echo > ext/standard/dns.lo
    /usr/local/src/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c: In function `zif_checkdnsrr':
    /usr/local/src/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:228: error: `T_MX' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/local/src/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:228: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    /usr/local/src/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:228: error: for each function it appears in.)
    /usr/local/src/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:239: error: `T_A' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/local/src/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:240: error: `T_NS' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/local/src/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:242: error: `T_PTR' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/local/src/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:243: error: `T_ANY' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/local/src/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:244: error: `T_SOA' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/local/src/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:245: error: `T_CNAME' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/local/src/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:256: error: `C_IN' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/local/src/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c: In function `zif_getmxrr':
    /usr/local/src/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:288: error: `HEADER' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/local/src/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:288: error: `hp' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/local/src/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:317: error: `C_IN' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/local/src/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:317: error: `T_MX' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/local/src/php-4.3.3/ext/standard/dns.c:324: error: parse error before ')' token
    make: *** [ext/standard/dns.lo] Error 1

what am I doing wrong, It's been a few days and I really haven't been able to get some work done because of this. Please help.

2. fatlip

fatlip Transcendence Into The Peripheral

I don't know the solution to your problem unfortunetley, but you could try asking at http://www.sitepointforums.com/ there php forum is very very helpful :)

Good luck!

3. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

what compiler are you using? are you sure php supports it?

4. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

That is a valid point. It looks like the compiler is tripping on the whatever is in dns.c. It is not complaining about missing libs, and I can't imagine they would send out code that didnt compile. So it might be a compiler issue.