Photoshop Question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by awns729, Sep 6, 2009.

1. awns729

awns729 New Member

So I have like 10 photshop files that will make up a PDF. I have to go into each fo the 10 files and edit a certain organization's name that appears multiple times on each page, let's call it 'abc' that has to be changed to 'xyz' for all 10 files. I have to then make a PDF reflecting the new name. Then I have to repeat for all 10 files 4-5 times, and then make the new PDF for the new organization.

This is going to add up. There might be more edits to the names of the organizations in the future, but of course the rest of the text will remain the same.

Is there a faster way to do this than find and replace for each text box? Are variables what I'm looking for, or am I looking for something similar? Does this feature exist? Am I making sense?

Thanks. :)

2. klizzle

klizzle New Member

recording your actions and repeating them for each document might work (under the actions window)

3. Aquakittie

Aquakittie Active Member

like Klizzle said, you can either create an action and manually set the action to play on each file OR you can create the action and then go into:

FILE/AUTOMATE/BATCH... and set up a batch operation where you can set up the files to run the action and then save with a new file name or whatever and save and close....Check it out.