A&P Photoshop Question regarding actions

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Lava Joe, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Lava Joe

Lava Joe Guest

Currently I am just fiddling around for my own enjoyment, but my current project will be quite tedious unless the process I am doing is possible using an action. What I need it to do is:

Flatten an image (discarding hidden layers).
    Save as a jpeg (max quality or otherwise) with a name followed by numbers (i.e. pic0001)
    Unflatten image.

Then, the next time I run it it saves the filename with the next number (pic0002) and so on.

Is something like this possible?

2. oliver

oliver New Member

i think after the save you cant continue :dunno:

im not sure tho

3. joy division

joy division New Member

Very confusing question, im not sure what you mean...

Just delete all the hidden layers and do save as- pic002 and keep working, then do 003 etc etc.

Or you cna flatten image and save it as pic001, go to save as pic002 and start working then save it as pic002....I'm confused on what you are trying to do though.

4. Lava Joe

Lava Joe Guest

The end process is making animated gifs. Basically what I have been doing is arranging my layers, flattening and saving as jpg with the name frame001.jpg. Then unflattening the image, moving layers around, saving as frame002.jpg and so on.

When finished I switch over to imageready and import the folder as frames and it arranges everything in order for me.

Basically I want the action to flatten, save with a sequential file name, and then unflatten <end of action>.

5. joy division

joy division New Member

just do what I said, go to save as and keep working hten save it....then save as and keep working- way faster.