Photoshop on large print documents on MBP 17 BLOWS

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Peyomp, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

God dammit this thing is slow. I'm working on a 1GB file, large at 300dpi. Every operation pinwheels the whole OS. Rendering text... saving... layer operations, scaling anything.

Fuck.

2. Old School Pervert

Old School Pervert New Member

If Photoshop was that important to you, you should have waited for a Universal Binary release before buying an Intel-based Mac :hsugh:

3. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

It's slow period. The entire Adobe suite is. I've stated this over and over. If I get on my PowerMac at home to do some 'shopping, I want to shoot myself the next time I get on my MacBook because Rosetta is unbelievably slower. Oh well, pay the price to have the latest and greatest.

4. Skoles

Skoles Guest

Well, pay to have the latest at least.

Why not toss XP on there for CS2 for now?

5. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I really do need to install XP via bootcamp. I have an OS X CD on the way to do so. I have to do some repairs before bootcamp will let me partition, and I lost the old CD.

I don't often do big photoshop stuff, but I am at the moment. And so I complain, because it is much slower than I thought it would be.

Whats with all the haters always feeling the need to resist any declarative statements?

6. jordan04

jordan04 The seeds of love have taken hold, and if we won't

I dunno but they need to get over it. If the computer's slow, the computer's slow. They act like you're blaming apple.

7. fixthe fernback

fixthe fernback New Member

I'm trying to make a gif in imager ready right now... none of the windows in it are responding, and I think it just crashed... :mad:

8. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Dude, I was converting 1GB files to lower resolution GIFs and it was taking half a hour each. I was reading a spy novel so I would click, read, click, read. I mean its REALLY slow when performing large raster operations.

Soon my OS X replacement CD shall arrive and I shall bootcamp... you know, I bet Windows PS CS2 is faster in parallels than in the Rosetta version is for OS X!

9. alptekin

alptekin New Member

so is there even a point to getting the new osX if you dont have a intel based mac?

10. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Sounds like gas chromatography hahwhar

11. dirteemac

dirteemac hey, how are you?

I might get a mbp as soon as this weekend. Why oh why can't adobe bust out with the universal binaries? :wtc:

12. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

I think if they hadn't aquired Macromedia, there would the Adobe suite would be universal by now. The fact that they now have Flash to play with and they choose to release new products as an entire suite, it delays changes to single programs that might be ready to go now. However, I see the on product that would delay the whole suite is the one most in demand: Photoshop. With trying to make it universal without bugs, add in all the flash components they have been drooling over, stepping up compatibility of their integration with all the suite products, and then just making routine product improvements and innovations, you can expect Adobe to take quite a bit of time to get it right the first time. They are pretty good at that.

I expect CS3 to really be worth the wait.

13. Deepsix

Deepsix OT Supporter

Doubt it, adobe is all about splitting up the programs now. They could have easily integrated bridge into photoshop, but now its a standalone program.
    I always have photoshop open as well, so it would have been much better to be together. If I wanted a quick image resize or rename I would just use automater