A&P PhotoShop Help.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Skillz, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Skillz

Skillz Guest

Hey,

I am some what a n00b to photoshop 7.0. Someone about a week ago posted a web site they made using PhotoShop 7.0, it was thier "home page/start page". Well, he shared his design with everyone, and wanted others to see what they did with it and what not. After getting it for myself, I edited it somewhat to fit my needs; but the whole site is too small for my resolution. So I attempted to make my own.

Well, I do not understand the "slices" part, and how to resize them. Here is what he had posted. (His design).
    http://www.2399clan.net/skillz/misc/startpage.jpg

Each square is a "slice" and the background is also a "slice". What I want to do is make that layout overall larger, for my resoultion. Change the background to something else, and add my own web site logos, with the links to them to it.

2. redna

redna New Member

So basically you are recreating the whole page then.. you have to re-do all of the art work and whatever anyway so why dont you....

Make your own image as a splash then use an Image Map to link it that way you dont have to worry about slicing it up.

3. Skillz

Skillz Guest

Well you sorta lost me there.

You want me to just make the layout, and save each image individually?

4. redna

redna New Member

No, I was saying make one image. The whole image like whats in the link (startpage.jpg) only using your own artwork. Then when you code it you can use an image map instead of tables or frames.

I dont know the full effect you are going for but that seems the easiest to me. If this is just going to be a splash page and there is no rollovers and no interactive stuff an image map should work fine.

Look at the very front page of Somethingleet ( www.somethingleet.com ) That is an image map. It basically makes a box using coordinates that you specify to make a hyperlink. You could make an image map coordinate for every box you wanted to link.

5. Skillz

Skillz Guest

Now I understand what you are saying. I might try that, but I still want to understand the slices in PhotoShop. :)