A&P Photoshelter?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by aCab, Oct 11, 2007.

1. aCab

aCab New Member

2. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

I use it. What do you want to know about it? i use it mainly for client downloads. its easier to upload to, give a client access and let them download as needed than trying to email or send images when a client doesnt have FTP access.

3. aCab

aCab New Member

I was sort or wandering about the Stock aspect. But along the lines of archiving/ marketing, would you say that its worth the cost?

4. mojito

mojito New Member

micro ftl

look at alamy

5. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

First off, its not microstock. You set your own prices and their commissions are very reasonable. However, I dont really use it for stock and have, right now, all my stuff hidden from public. I wouldnt count on it for stock sales necessarily. I dont think its one of those places that will get you discovered through stock. I think if you have a significant stock business going, it would make it easier for people to buy from you as you can integrate the search into your own website or people can go and search for your name and find stuff to download. But I dont think people are just browsing the site looking for stuff to buy.

However, from a business standpoint of dealing with clients it has been really good lately. It allows me to upload images into galleries that I can then invite potential clients to and they can download the images they want or need easily and quickly. I dont need to create galleries on my own website and make them have to "right click save" them. Here they can use the interface to download individual files or the entire gallery as a batch.

So in other words, I dont think its necessarily the place to try to build business as much as a site that you can use to promote yourself to current or future clients and give them the freedom to have access to images as they need them.