A&P Photos from today, C&C

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by pantheR, Mar 13, 2009.

1. pantheR

pantheR New Member

Took a stroll through an area north of downtown Columbus called the short north. Lots of small boutique-like stores. Here are a few photos I took with the 50mm 1.8. C&C Welcome, thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tensai81

Tensai81 OT Supporter

alright...a few things because I'm drunk on a Thursday night and I think you deserve it! :bigthumb:

A) I want the 50 1.8 so I'm glad you posted pictures so it steers me away from the 24-70 2.8L that I want
    B) I want you to know I have a gay crush on you, and I'm not just saying that because I'm intoxicated....only because I won't remember this in the morning

on to the pictures:

1. I like the composition, but it seems a little blown out and the DOF is a little too shallow.
    2. Again, composition is good, but the main subject is OOF and a little fill flash wouldn't have been a bad idea :dunno: maybe bump the shutter speed or ap a little more and used the on board flash?
    3. I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at. No clear subject. the frame that is in focus is a little over exposed so it leads me to drift all over the photo and not finding a clear place to look. try bumping the blacks in LR and cropping it a bit to get more focus on the "subject" :dunno:
    4. Shots like this make me want a 1.8 so bad :wtc: the only critique I could give was to get in closer to the bottle.
    5. I like it..but I would have crop it with more on top rather than on bottom..just subjective though :dunno: if you like it, that's what's important
    6. this is why I want the 1.8, to do shots like this. I'm not crazy about losing the "s" on friends, but it still works. nice shot
    7. I'm not crazy on the composition of this one. I'm more focused on the green of the plant rather than the subject. I won't dwell to much on this, but I'm curious on why the branches that are in focus come out of vases that are OOF :confused:
    8. not enough DOF. Good shot, but make sure everything is in focus. the "The" being OOF is distracting
    9. I don't see anything that's in focus. I'm not that old and this picture makes me think I need glasses :noes:
    10. Techincally I can't see anything wrong. In a perfect world, I would have gotten straight on with the face and got the "shadow" in the back ground a little more to the center (i.e. move a little to the left) not a bad picture though
    11. I can't say that I like it, but I can't say that I don't like it either. I want to go to the center to look for something, but at a quick glace I have to search for the subject (what's in focus) the large OOF bottle in the foreground is really distracting in this shot, but once I can get past that, it's not that bad...

Awesome outting. I feel the need to go to the local winery by me and get some pic--screw that, I'm there for the free wine tasting!!

edit: ohio state son! :rofl:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  3. Drunken Karnie Midget

Drunken Karnie Midget In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash OT Supporter

DoF on #4 is perhaps just a little too shallow, 7&9 are rather boring. I really like #3.

4. Drunken Karnie Midget

The branches aren't coming out of vases, they're part of a tree that's blocked by something closer to the foreground.

5. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

you don't always have to shoot wide open :mamoru:

6. iDrive

iDrive OTAP crew. Muradadog crew. GO GATORS!

I like 10 :dunno:

7. Bowzyr

Bowzyr sup bro

Pictures are sorta "whatever".

That Duckhorn cab is really tasty though..

8. MawcDrums

MawcDrums Active Member

:werd: i've found the more you can get away with stopping this lens down the sharper your images get...

9. pantheR

pantheR New Member

thanks for the comments. i know the subjects aren't too interesting, but i had fun with the 50mm

10. mrtwo

mrtwo New Member

liking 2

11. Formula-95

Formula-95 2:32 PM 5-13-09 Never Forget, Hamburglar OT Supporter

i think if my life came to a point to where I would be selling lamp shades, i'd kill myself

nice pictures though

12. Smeghead

Smeghead New Member

Too shallow DOF on most of them.

I like 2 & 10 though.

13. EWhytsell

EWhytsell New Member

The wife and I love to go to the Short North. Its really getting to be a nice place in Columbus.

I like the pics too. I have the 50, but I'm thinking my 28-135 is sharper somehow. Or at least its USM focuses better or something.

14. Drunken Karnie Midget

Not the kit 28-135 that comes with the 50D? :ugh: