A&P Photography Newb, Help and opinions plz *LOAD WARN*

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Aliane, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Aliane

Aliane Guest

I have had my digital camera for a while. I think its a nice little camera, survived being dropped into a lake. I have an olympus D390, 2mp, 2.5x zoom

Thats about all i know about it. I use it mostly for aquatic photography of my fish and other pets. It is very difficult to take pics like that because of the glare on the glass tank and the lighting in the tank. I havent had the results i've been wanting and i want to know if anyone else has this camera and tries to take pics of fish. Are there any tips or secrets to aquatic photography? or do i just need a better camera?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for so many pics.....but i want to make sure you guys see that those are the best quality shots i can take. I dont know of any way to adjust shutter speed on this camera, and i dont understand alot of the symbols and stuff it has on it...

2. fairlite

fairlite New Member

Those are some decent Pictures. I don't think you can adjust the to many of the settings with your camera. Honestly to me though even if you could you still would not be happy with them. 2mp is very low by todays standards and in some of those pics I could see the limitations of that. You may want to look into some of the Canon PowerShots out there, I know there is a 5.0mp one for 399.99 at Best buy and you can really change a lot of the setting in the camera. Also you can attach filters to it and to remove a lot of the glare you could purchase a circular polorizer. This filter can remove most cases of glare.

These are just a few sugestions. I am by no means a pro. Just some one who likes to dabble in photography.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2004
  3. mojito

mojito New Member

its the camera, although those are difficult lighting elements. You have a plastic lens with no optical zoom or manual controls. Its the most basic of Olympus' camera line. If you like Olympus, and of their 10x optical zoom cams or the c-5000, c-50, c-60, c-5060 etc will do. The D series and the stylus series have no manual controls. Find a higher resolution camera with an optical zoom and manual controls. Use a tripod and the widest aperature, the fastest shutter speed and highest iso before noise ruins the picture get an exposure that stops the animals under the low lighting

4. Aliane

Aliane Guest

i cant really afford more than i spent on this one.......i sthere a better camera under 150$?

5. mojito

mojito New Member

might be able to find a canon a60 or discontinued a70