A&P Photo Printer

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Kieffer87, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

I am thinking about getting my girlfriend a photo printer after she gave me a photo that was printed off on her el'cheapo inkjet. She won't be printing anything larger than 4x6, and not very often. So what are my best options?

I would like to keep the price around $100.

She has a Kodak easyshare camera so I was considering the Easyshare docks but I am worried that she will end up going through ink ribbons/cartriges like crazy.

So what are my options? Anyone use anything similar?

2. EWhytsell

EWhytsell New Member

I recently looked into photo printing at home and really there is no point. Well no point unless your gonna print hundreds and do it regularly and I'm sure if you were going to do that you would want a higher quality job and that would price it out of question as well.

My advice since your not going to print often enough to even pay for the equipment/ink (which will dry up very quickly and need replaced is to just have a local 1 hour place do your prints or mail them to someplace like yorkphoto.com for $0.06-0.07 per print.

BTW I'm an HP, Canon, Ricoh, Lexmark certified tech so I know all the trouble a home printer will give you and the cost over the long run.

Evan

3. wrong1

wrong1 Member

4. alexromo

alexromo New Member

no dye thermal no care

5. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

I actually just ordered that :cool:.

I do agree if I ever get anything of my own printed I just take it someone. However my gf will not, she would rather print it off on her regular printer on semi-matte paper with streaks through the whole thing:noes:

I just figured for $100 if I could pick up a decent little printer then it would be worth my own suffering, but it sounds like it will be more of a headache than I thought.

6. tetsuo

tetsuo And shepherds we shall be...

i've got a canon pixima that i spent right around $100 at best buy for. :dunno: it does ok for the occasional 4x6 of my kids for the grandparents. ink isn't too expensive for it either.

7. vgeek

vgeek New Member

The Canon SELPHY is a nice dye sublimination printer. It only does 4x6, but its really tiny and makes pretty good prints. Its ink and paper kits are $30 for 100, so it ends up being .30 per print after the initial $100 printer cost, so its the same price as one hour photos from most pharmacies.

8. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

canon pixmas are the best cheap printers, you can get them for like 30$ and they print great. they use a dye ink however so the prints wont look great after a few years in storage or a few months in the sun.

9. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter