A&P Photo from Plane?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Proteus, Jul 16, 2003.

1. Proteus

Proteus OT Supporter

I'm planning on traveling in 2 weeks, and would like to take some photos from the plane window. I have an Olympus 720 Ultra Zoom digital. Can anyone give me any tips? Thoughts? Opinions? Should i not waste my time?

2. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Personally I wouldn't waste my time. The only time aerial photos really turn out well is at low altitutes. At 35,000 feet you can't make out much detail. However, if you do decide to shoot throught the window, put your lens right on the plexiglass so to mimize reflections and make sure you turn off the flash.

Cheers
    Jim

3. Proteus

Proteus OT Supporter

Thanks for the reply. That's pretty much what i was figuring anyway. But then again, what else am i gonna do on the plane? :hs:

4. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I don't think it'd be a waste of time at all... you can get some really neat cloud pictures from a plane.....

5. Joe

Joe 2015 :x: OT Supporter

what time you flying? i stuck my foot way down into my mouth last time there was a thread about shooting from a plane at night (got a case of the 24 hour dumbass virus)

you can get pics from a plane, can be fun sometimes... these snapshots were taken when i got bored going to and coming home from a shoot in northern california respectively...

http://www.ucirugby.com/joechan/1.jpg

http://www.ucirugby.com/joechan/2.jpg

oh, and i've found that travelling... gameboys rule... i wanna get one of them new ones with the backlit screen....

6. Proteus

Proteus OT Supporter

Actually, i'm flying to Ireland from Baltimore. So i'll have quite the array of light. Leaving at 8 PM local time and arriving at 9:15 Dublin time.

7. TypeSDragoon

TypeSDragoon Guest

i'm Irish and i live in Dublin ! California :bigthumb: