phone unlocking

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Jazz, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Jazz

Jazz Powerhouse of the Scrum

I was doing a google search trying to find a new data cable for my Nokia 7210 and I ran across this page:

http://www.tangshop.com/datcabnok7210.html

Do you think that .zip link is legit? If so does that just allow me to unlock the phone given a code I don't have or does it do it all.

I just wanna know if this kind of software exists or if it's probably just a virus or something. If it has potential I think I'll try it :o

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

nope. don't know about that one, but i just used the one linked to on this page...

http://www.unlockme.co.uk/dct4free.html

...to unlock my 3650 last night. worked like a charm. no cables needed or anything.

3. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

ah ha. i forgot to unlock my 3650 so i put in my tmobile sim and its already unlocked. i guess when nokia sends our phones to the store as promos they are already unlocked

4. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

that's funny. the reason i unlocked my 3650 is because my brother-in-law is on T-Mobile and needs a new phone and my 3650 is just collecting dust, so i figured i could let him use it for a while, so it will also have a T-Mobile SIM card going in it where my AT&T SIM card once was (it's now taking turns between my T616 and 6230). i'm about to send my T616 off to have the firmware upgraded and get it unlocked at the same place (since the T616 requires a cable to unlock).