persuasive speech on steroids in sports

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by robbinthehood, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robbinthehood

robbinthehood New Member

anyone want to write me a persuasive speech on why steroids should be legal? didnt think so, but do any of you brolys have any good resources i could use? i've done plenty of searching and am pretty much done with my research, just wondering if there's any out there that i could've passed over..

2. SteveO

SteveO Guest

please tell me how you plan on persuading someone that performance enhancing drugs should be allowed in sports

3. deadbolt

deadbolt New Member

i have a persuasive speech on essential fatty acids i'm willing to render

4. robbinthehood

robbinthehood New Member

there's tons of other supplements legally available to the public that haven't been tested, when theyre used correctly, they arent very harmful, other ways of changing your body that can be potentiall dangerous such as breast implants are legal......

5. robbinthehood

robbinthehood New Member

thanks mang but i already turned in my topic and have all my research papers done

6. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

so, in your speech you're comparing steroids to fake tits?

A+ :ugh:

7. robbinthehood

robbinthehood New Member

no, i'm saying that the government allows people to do other things to change their body that can be potentially dangerous/life threatening, but won't allow them to do steroids.

8. SteveO

SteveO Guest

:rofl:

sucks that you've already turned it in, because you're fucked.

9. robbinthehood

robbinthehood New Member

havent turned it in yet, but the rough draft is due tomorrow. i could change the topic but thatd mean i'd have to redo all my research by tonight. what would you suggest writing a persuasive paper on instead? i know this isnt an easy topic, but i couldn't think of anything else

10. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

because fake tits can knock a fast ball outta the park

11. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

how about writing it how the majority of the media blows everything out of proportion and that the majority of the population are mislead into believing the myths of steriods

12. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

13. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

your research sucks if you're comparing elective cosmetic surgery to potentially misguided/misused drugs. Most women get implants to feel better about themselves through perseption of others. NOT for the same reasons that guys take gear.

I think you should honestly rethink your topic.

14. robbinthehood

robbinthehood New Member

yeah, i'm rethinking it right now....

how's persuading people to eat healthier sound? i could talk about how it could improve self image, actual health....

15. SteveO

SteveO Guest

that's untrue for a lot of the people that do take gear. Most of them want to look better for other people and try to take the quick way to do it

I agree with filmy's other post about persuading how the media blows everything outta proportion

16. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

what steriods?

why don't you post your actual thesis statement and we'll see what we're dealing with here

17. Ceaze

Allowing steroids, not banning them, is the only way to truly create a level playing field, because people will always find a way to cheat and the cheaters are always a few steps ahead of the testers.

18. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

I remember when that guy in the back of the sports illustrated "bill reily" or something wrote an article about the abuse of steriods. All of his points were false and his assumptions were purely reflective of the ignorance of the media. That only strengthens the idea of what the public thinks about steriods.

that will most likely lead to misuse.

19. robbinthehood

robbinthehood New Member

i didnt really get into detail with specific steroids.... didnt even get a thesis statement yet.. all we did was do some research in the lab and make an outline for our rough draft. I think i'm going to persuade people to eat healthier/live a healthier lifestyle through diet and exercise instead

20. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

tough subject. Allowing only increases neglagence

21. Ceaze

i think that would be a better topic for an informative speech rather than a persuasive one.

22. dirtysouthboy

dirtysouthboy New Member

Search for a HBO special that was pro steroid use, not abuse, for "healthy adult males. " It basically said that if you use them correctly there aren't any known cases of people having serious health problems with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.