WEB Personal file manager?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by aimfox, Dec 31, 2008.

1. aimfox

aimfox New Member

Anyone know if there is a script like uploading your documents online. I don't carry a USB and I can't use Hotmail at work. I am looking to upload important documents online just like a personal storage. I want something like my website should direct me to an admin login then from there I can store my data or files. No other people should be able to access my online files, just me.

Also, don't start referring to me to use Megaupload, Rapidshare or other public hosting sites. I just want a personal storage hosting site for my private docs.

2. drpepper

drpepper Active Member

3. aimfox

aimfox New Member

Sorry not looking for that, I want a scripted website type of file manager with admin login, etc.

4. intrktevo

intrktevo New Member

dropbox does also have a fully capable web interface

5. aimfox

aimfox New Member

^ The fact is I dont want to upload my data to their server, who knows if they replica it.

6. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

if you are going to be that paranoid than carry a fucking usb drive

places like http://www.getdropbox.com/ don't stay in business by replicating it, and i doubt what ever you want to upload is not that imporant to them

running your own site with a script is not going to be any safer than get drop box, in fact it will probably be alot easier to hack than other sites

7. drpepper

drpepper Active Member

the fact that you would use a service like hotmail for this is sad. go with dropbox and save yourself the hassle of shitty shared hosting. get a dropbox and be done with it