Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by deusexaethera, Jan 28, 2010.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Probably a repost at this point, but I thought I'd share it in case it was somehow missed.

http://boingboing.net/2009/10/12/the-woman-who-cant-s.html

It seems that while most everyone else spends a good part of their lives trying to arrange to have a really good orgasm, a few people have them for no particular reason -- to the point that actual sexual contact doesn't even feel good. As one comment says, it's like a genie-and-three-wishes story where the wish turns out to be a curse and nobody else understands why.

While there is something undeniably erotic about the idea of a woman who gets off from a hug, I gotta say this makes me glad I'm not blowing a load every half hour.

2. Aquakittie

Aquakittie Active Member

Holy bummer story batman.

3. deusexaethera

I know, right?

I wonder, though, if actually having sex would calm her down a bit. She says she's avoiding it because she's heard from others that it just doesn't feel good, but I've heard from several older couples (old enough to be willing to talk about it) that all manner of biological functions smoothed out dramatically when they met each other and began exchanging hormones on a regular basis. It's not just the orgasm itself that does it, it's also the chemicals contained in the bodily fluids that soak in and tell the brain "it's okay, I'm reproducing again".

But in any event, it definitely sounds like the reason her orgasms are so much more powerful than normal is because there isn't any direct stimulation; I think everyone can agree that while stimulation is arousing, when done the right way it can be just like a normal massage that releases tension without an orgasm involved. But she's not getting that, so her body is literally teasing itself until even the slightest touch sends her over the edge.

Sucks.

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

One of the SSRIs was causing "spontaneous orgasm" in some women when they would yawn. I read a story about it a few years ago.

5. deusexaethera

Anti-depressants causing orgasms? Oh god, don't tell the emo kids.

6. Aquakittie

Aquakittie Active Member

well she DOES claim that she might be subject to yet another facet of the condition that causes vulvar pain disorder, so perhaps there's some warranted grounds for her hesitation. :dunno:

7. deusexaethera

I know. But if the persistent swelling goes down, then it wouldn't hurt anymore. I;m not going to tell anyone what to do with their private parts, but I do wonder if using them for their intended purpose would help in the long run.