period question for the girls related to excercise and diet

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by low20, Mar 24, 2005.

1. low20

low20 Member

just a quick question..

me and my gf just started having sex, a few months ago..(condom and pulling out)...this month she is a few days late, only like 3 now maybe 4, but she also just started a new diet and hs been doing a bit of exercising at the gym. How much does diet and especially exercise effect your period the first month you start working out? I know or thought that exercising or starting to work out could hrow ur period off for a few months, but just wondring how much...we only have sex maybe once a week and its always with a condom and i never finnish inside her, so i highly doubt shes pregant or anything, just a few days late..anyway, info would help..thanks

2. Laurel

Laurel New Member

a new exercise/diet plan can affect your cycle. Hell, stress can too. Many women have periods that fluctuate a few days. I was a week and a half late the month of finals

3. VSismyheaven

VSismyheaven Guest

I've realized when I change my diet before my period starts I can change when it starts and for how long it lasts. Eating less or differently definately pushes it back a couple days for me.

4. Liddy

Liddy Not enough cowbell.

Mine varies by a few days every month. If it's more than say 2 weeks, start to panic. Or see a doctor.

And get her on birth control for god's sake!

5. sugarnspice19

sugarnspice19 New Member

Whenever I get into a mode of exercising more, it generally throws my period off by a span of up to a week. Also, changing my diet also tends to have the same effect. The healthier I eat and the more I exercise, the lighter and less frequent my periods are (probably 30 or so days between them). This is how it works for me, it might be along the same lines for your girl.

6. low20

low20 Member

well she got it, bout 4-5 days late but she got it.....and i dont really think theres a need for her to get on BC just yet. we use condoms every time and I always pull out with plenty of time and I think thats more than safe enough, plus id hate for her to have to go on the pill, i know of so many people who have had some interresting reactions to all differnt types of it....anyway...

7. [HRT]Squirrel Master

[HRT]Squirrel Master New Member

yea my girlfriend was on it and damn near broke up with me it made her so bitchy... just get her on a low estrogen(sp) pill to combat that. you dont really need to pull out dude? just dont leave it in for 4 hours. she might think its better to finish in her and then pull out.

8. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

Birth control will help to regulate the period I beleive

9. [HRT]Squirrel Master

[HRT]Squirrel Master New Member

makes boobies bigger sometimes too :) and clears up acne a bit

10. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

Accutane>* for that...

11. sugarnspice19

sugarnspice19 New Member

Yeah, birth control can be playing with fire. I know a 30 year old who just had a stroke that was attributed to a bad reaction to birth control. With side effects like that, no thanks.