Performance issues with ATI Xpress 1100

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Off, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Off

Off Memento Mori

Hi, ive been having some pretty severe performance issues with this card on my aspire 5050 while gaming. I recently found my old SW: KOTOR2 game and installed it, and ive been having a hard time getting any smoothness even in this game which is a few years old. I turned every graphics setting the game had on low and its still unplayable. I went into catalyst and turned every setting in there on ''Maximum performance'' and everything that wasnt essential on 'let the application decide' and it didnt seem to make a difference.

The thing is that it runs Oblivion smoothly on low settings, only chocking up when there are 11ty characters on screen. This leads me to believe that its a setup problem because obviously oblivion is much more graphics intensive.

Is it just that I have a weak processor (1.6mhz 2x800 AMD turion)?
    Is it the card setup?
    Is it just a shitty card?

2. Off

Off Memento Mori

ok, so I got tired of looking for advanced solutions and just took the www.srtest.com test, turns out this card lacks in OpenGL.

[​IMG]</IMG>CPU Minimum: Pentium III or Athlon You Have: 2 processors running - AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50

[​IMG]</IMG>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PASS[/FONT] [​IMG]</IMG>CPU Speed Minimum: 1 Ghz You Have: 1.60 GHz Performance Rated at 2.40 GHz

[​IMG]</IMG>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PASS[/FONT] [​IMG]</IMG>System RAM Minimum: 256 MB You Have: 766.1 MB

[​IMG]</IMG>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PASS[/FONT] [​IMG]</IMG>Operating System Minimum: Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP (95 & NT not supported) You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

[​IMG]</IMG>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PASS[/FONT] [​IMG]</IMG>Video Card Minimum: 32 MB OpenGL 1.4 compliant AGP or PCX 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability required. You Have: ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 (ATI Radeon Xpress Series (0x5975))

[​IMG]</IMG>FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card [​IMG]</IMG>Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - 512.0 MB[​IMG]</IMG>Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes[​IMG]</IMG>Video HW Rasterization: Required - yes , You have - Yes[​IMG]</IMG>Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - yes , You have - Yes[​IMG]</IMG>Video Card Driver Version (DirectX) Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.6631

FYI: Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card. Click 'Free Driver Update' and we'll direct you to your video card manufacturer. [​IMG]</IMG>DirectX Version Minimum: 9.0c (included) You Have: 9.0c

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PASS[/FONT] [​IMG]</IMG>Sound Card Minimum: Yes You Have: Realtek High Definition Audio

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PASS[/FONT] [​IMG]</IMG>Sound Card Driver Version Your driver version number is: 5.10.0.5273

FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product. [​IMG]</IMG>CD Minimum: 4X CD-ROM or DVD-ROM You Have: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T10N

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.[/FONT]

is there any way to fix this or is it just the way the card is?

3. Off

Off Memento Mori

I used ATI DH File version and apparently am missing two OpenGL drivers: atio6axx.dll and atio6ax1.dll are both listed as Not Present. Is it just a matter of upgrading the OpenGL drivers for this card, or adding the files themselves? (I really have no idea about how these things work and dont want to screw everything up :o)