SRS Perfect people

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Anticipate, May 22, 2007.

1. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

Do you ever get jealous of perfect people? Or people who are imperfect, but so close to perfect it is scary?
    You know the type- beautiful, tall, thin, smart, charismatic, good voice, funny, professionally accomplished, has a boyfriend/spouse that you are interested in, and just seems to be an all-around people person and there is basically no area in life which they don't excel in.

2. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

No. Because there is no fundamental difference between you and those "perfect people." You are not cut from a different cloth. And until you realize that and turn that jealousy into an energy directed to improve yourself, you are going to have trouble making progress in your life

3. KingKhai

KingKhai New Member

Theres no such thing is perfect. Those who think of themselve as "perfect," are full of sh*t. And in regard to you thinking other people is perfect, its just a perception. Like the other dude said, maybe you're lacking something that you "think" other people has. Main thing is you need to worry about you, and not other people.

4. jonno

jonno New Member

truth right here

5. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

In some respects, you are right. But I will never be tall, have a nice singing voice, or be charismatic. Some things you are either born with, or you're not.

6. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Some people seem perfect and happy all the time but everyone has problems. This one person that I thought was happy and had everything was really not. She felt like shit about a ton of things that I never would have thought of.

7. Nyctrias

Nyctrias If I can't be my own...I'd feel better dead.

Just like a low post count and no AV, you can do things to improve yourself. Maybe you can't get any taller. Take some singing lessons, or join some social organizations...you can improve and excel in many areas if you're willing to put some time and effort into it.

And realize that you see only the tip of the iceberg when you look at these "perfect people." Everyone has problems, and most choose to hide them.

8. jonno

jonno New Member

and who says being tall = perfect? etc. etc.

9. HatSee

HatSee Active Member

Everyone is insecure in some way, no one is perfect. :dunno:

10. Chip Chipperson

You have to stop feeling sorry for yourself first and foremost. If you are mentally and emotionally capable of self improvement (I know i'm in the asylum so some people are not there atm) go find my posts in the vag on Internal vs. External Attribution and read my posts on identity.

Get some tony robbins material. Maybe get some professional help. But stop feeling sorry for yourself and start improving your life; you're the only one who's going to do it

11. HatSee

HatSee Active Member

In regards to those things you are right. But we have to work around that. And being tall or being able to sing does not make you perfect in any sort of way. :slap:

Charisma on one hand though is something you can work at and improve.

12. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

Being tall alone does not make a person perfect, however, it usually does make a person look thinner, and gives them a more competitive edge at work (I once read somewhere that taller people actually earn more money than short people).
    Also, in combination with other favorable traits, such as attractiveness and good personality, tall people seem to give off an air of coolness. Maybe it's just me, but tall people seem to be somehow superior.

13. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

Ummm....is this post supposed to be encouraging?

Isn't the asylum the place where you're allowed to feel sorry for yourself, anyway?

14. Chip Chipperson

You're not going to do any of those things I mentioned, are you?

15. johan

johan Active Member

The first two qualities you list are somewhat trivial. The third can be practiced.

All the other qualities you mentioned in your original post, at least the worthwhile ones, can be developed within you.

Many people know someone who seems to lead a charmed life. I have two comments about that.

The first is that you don't really know those people very well, and all you're seeing is the polished exterior.

There can be and often is, internal turmoil and personal troubles that you don't see, and will never be given the opportunity to see.

Unless you're very close to them (maybe married) ...... or work in a counseling/mental health field. You'd be surprised at the number of shiny, happy successful people that come to a psychiatrist's office and say "I'm a phony. I'm a total fucking phony and upon hitting 35, I hate my empty life"

The second is that all of those exterior qualities you prize, may not have been gifted to you by the fact of your birth, or your parents or your social class, but you can live a wonderful life quite similar to the people you mention.

You may need to work harder to overcome some factors holding you back, but if you want it, it's yours.

You just have to stretch out your hand....and work your ass off.

16. HatSee

HatSee Active Member

Sure, you can do that if you want.

But being sorry for yourself is not going to help, that's his point. You seem to think that where you are, and how you are is something you can not change at all. Don't feel sorry for yourself, try to improve yourself.

17. johan

johan Active Member

You're quite young, aren't you? Under 18? 21 tops?

18. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

Wow, I can't believe you think I sound that young. I am actually 25. :eek3:

19. weolracso

weolracso OT Supporter

lol.

20. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

Such as...? It would help me if you can be more specific about it.

21. IHAVECRABS

IHAVECRABS Diversity is our strength. LOLOL

i realised a long time ago that no one has the perfect life.

22. Chip Chipperson

maybe start with reading my second post in this thread and listening to that advice :dunno:

23. deleterious

deleterious OT Supporter

i wish i could be like will smith :hs:

24. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I don't get jealous of 'perfect' people, mostly because I have met to many of them that appear perfect, but are actually miserable with their life :dunno:

I always figured, I might be broke, not have a car, not have a SO, a high paying job, or anything like that, but atleast I am happy with my life.

25. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

Perfect people don't exist. The people you perceive as perfect are just better at living DESPITE their problems, not avoiding living BECAUSE of their problems.