Pepsi's log

Discussion in 'MMA Training Logs' started by pepsi, Mar 21, 2008.

1. pepsi

pepsi Cut my life into pieces

stardate 220 320.08

today i had fried eggs and tea.
    then i had chips, pop, choc bar. butter tarts, cheese and crackers.
    still haven't hit the gym today, but i'm thinking about it.
    been hitting the gym for about 5 months off and on. though the occasional diversion from training interrupts it and i lose all my gains. no plans to resume marital arts training for awhile. going off light duty next week, and anticipate more progressive gains in fitness and overall well being when combined with my training regiment. I figure it'll be another couple of months before my knee is strong enough to handle any hard twisting motion. but in general my acl has come along ways. though i'm not sure how well my mcl will stand up to the motions of martial arts training, but eventually i will find out.

2. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

fk off mate.

3. Kuet

Kuet New Member

way to come into the SUB forum and troll :ugh2:

4. pepsi

well, on monday, i got cleared for work by my OS, though i haven't been training the last few days, i hurt something in my back lifting a push bar at work trying to get it screwed back in. some oxycodone and i was able to work through it. went to the gym today since i don;t have work today. hour of weight training but skipped the military press and did squats with light weight. pain in my back may be gone, but that doesn't mean i can't reinjure it. hurting my back, heh, now i feel old. anyways, i should be getting a knee brace on friday. it's to protect my knee since although i can lift to my standards on a floor, my work place is out in the field where the ground is rutted, frozen, muddy or whatever, and i don';t need to end up starting over again. i figure it'll be another 3 months before throwing any real kicks again. while i have full range for walking, i still can't hyperextend my knee to the point it was before. and i may never be able to. time will tell.

5. Exiled

Exiled New Member

I hate backs

I was shoveling some rock one day and something happened and for about 3 months I couldn't... say put my arms straight out in front of me with any weight on them, I would crumble.

I dont remember how and when it got better but it did and im fine now and man.. im terrified of getting my back injured so I do core workouts every single day no matter what in the morning.

6. pepsi

well, i begun a more strict training and nutrition regiment this week. day 5 and despite eating something 8 times a day, i feel like i'm starving an hour after i eat. i've lost about 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks or so. i lift weights and do cardio 6 days a week now. knee is much stronger. i'm starting to be able to run 5 minutes or more on a treadmill before the knee gets too sore. knee's got a little bit more range. still numb in parts, but i can kneel on it more now. this new regiment is hard on me. after 12 hours of work a day. then an hour or so of weight training. makes getting up at 4 in the am hard after getting to bed at 12. though, for my sake. i don't have work this weekend. 3000+ calories a day doesn't seem to agree with my body. but, i'll keep it up for 2 months. see where i am then. then i'll start some light MA if i can find a place around here with kicking bags. don't feel like kicking air and i don't think anyone in my building will appreciate me using a heavy in my apartment.

7. pepsi

ran a 10 minute mile today
    289 lb

8. pepsi

umm, lifted more weights,
    281 lb

9. pepsi

ran more, lifted more. thigh muscle is starting to come back.
    278 lb

10. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Great job brother. You're taking off the pounds.

Feels good to "get back into it" - doesn't it?

Keep at it.

11. pepsi

it definitely feels good to get back into it. my goal now is to keep training for weight loss till the new year. i just finished and 8 week cutting program and thought about taking a weeks rest. but a weeks rest could set me back 2 weeks. so i'll restart another 8 week program immediately. kinda been cheating just a little onn the nutrition point. but i haven't touched alcohol since april, average 1 can of soda a week. maybe 1 sweet a week. hardly any bread, and when i do, it's whole wheat. while it's against my program. i doubt the program was built with labourer in mind.

still have to build strength in my knee, and get it to stop making popping and crunching noises. most likely attributed to old fluid that's stuck in my knee. as my physio said anyways. I'd like to get below 220, as being below that opens up an option to become an abseiler. whether i do or not. well just a thought anyways. not really sure if my muscle mass will let be get that low. but if not, it's not the end of the world. i still have many options in the oilpatch for work.

my guess is, end of the year, start light martial arts training, see what the knee can take and go from there. just gonna take it easy, i don't wanna end up on that surgeon's table again if i can help it.

after new year. considering adding muscle mass. wait and see though.

12. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

:h5:

You Canucks are weird. Probably 5 words in your blog I've never even HEARD before..

abseiler? You in the army/police or something?

13. pepsi

lol, i'm a derrickhand training to be an operator on a service rig. basically, i work little big iron in the oilpatch. an abseiler also called a rope access technician is a guy that works at heights wearing a harness and suspended by ropes. basically goes where the cranes can't reach. some earn 100 000 working 6 months a year. depending on where and what currency they're earning.