TAT People with their noses pierced, question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Dreamer101, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Dreamer101

Dreamer101 Guest

I've had my nose pierced for about a year and I've noticed that if I'm around people that smoke or if the weather has a dramatic change in it (really cold to really hot for example) my piercing gets swollen and sore. I was just wondering if this happens to anyone else and if so, what do you do about it? Thanks in advance!

2. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

I've only had my septum since mid may, but yeah If it's really dry out, or i'm around smoke it gets a little irritated (along with my sinuses getting irritated from allergies). doesn't swell up for me, but it does get a little sore and annoyed. I end up taking a hot shower and while inthere i take so dial, lather it up and just work it around inthere.. usually helps withthe steam to moisten it up and takes the soreness away. :dunno:

3. Dreamer101

Dreamer101 Guest

I'll have to try that steam thing, I usually just get some ear care or something and a Q-tip and clean it and then a couple hours later the soreness goes away. I'm going to have to try the steam and dial when it does that cause it gets really annoying sometimes, heh. Thanks for the suggestion!! :)

4. Phantom Empress

You're welcome. Also, what has worked for me was Bactine + a Qtip.. since it has a little lidocainne in it, takes the pain away and keeps it clean.

5. Dreamer101

Dreamer101 Guest

I'll have to get some Bactine too, can you just get it at CVS or any drug store?

6. Phantom Empress

yep. If it carries bandages it'll carry bactine.

7. Sparky511

Sparky511 Leben ist gut.

Vitamin E oil works good too, on some cotton swabs.

8. Dreamer101

Dreamer101 Guest

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I went out today and got Bactine and I got some Vitamin E oil too:) I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks again!

9. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

If you want something clean. Use Bactine.

Hey. That kinda rhymes.

I should get into advertising.

I had a point somewhere.

10. awsangel1

awsangel1 Guest

Yes!! i have been hanging around with chain smokers lately and my nose ring is really irritated and swollen and sore...bactine and Qtips and anitbacterial soap help....but it usually takes me 3-4 days for it to clear up...i have also noticed that it gets irritated when i get close to my period...same with my nipples go figure