SRS People who dont GET it?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SpectraRedZ, Jan 26, 2006.

1. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

Alright, about a week ago I went to Bi-Lo to pick up some snacks while the bf (Rob) was at classes. When I got there, some kid was outside, asking if I put a lift kit on my car (WTF?) and stuff, and then started telling me about his car (which was bullshit. There was no 389 in a 3rd gen Camaro), his ex-gf who liked cars, etc. He asked how old I was, then said "I'm 20, we'll be perfect together." After that statement I flat out told him that I live with Rob and we're very serious about our relationship. He said Rob was a lucky guy and that if I ever stopped talking to him, I should come down to Bi-Lo and let him know, then followed me inside and said he hoped to see me soon. I told Rob about it later, and we had a laugh about it, figuring it was over, and how we thought it was funny he was making shit up about a car to impress me.

Last night I went to pick up some food again, and avoided the guy when I saw him there because I didnt feel like having to deal with more crap. As I was waiting in line for a register he opened one up for just ME, calling me "Gorgeous" and "Doll" and whatnot, then told me he probably wouldnt be working there anymore b/c he had some other job lined up. That was a relief to hear, and then he writes his number down telling me to give him a call sometime "just in case". Well Rob came home from class about an hour later and I told him about it - and this time he decided not to just sit & laugh since the kid does not comprehend what I'm telling him and figured if HE went there, maybe he'd start to get it. He took the paper off the top of the garbage pile and drove back to the Bi-Lo. He didnt want to start anything, so he just told the kid he could have his number back and walked away. The guy asked him if there was a problem, and Rob told him that I'm his girlfriend and he needs to lay off me and leave me alone when I come in. Then the kid started stuttering and trying to turn everything around on ME, saying I'M the one who comes in and is acting all nice & flirty and shit, which is total bull - I was even avoiding him this last time. Rob told me next time I go in if it happens again he'll be looking forward to talking to a manager about it.

Now I'm not sure I even want to go back to the Bi-Lo for awhile, even though its conveinient, being a ½ mile down the street from where we live. I've already bluntly stated the fact I'm not interested. I'm hoping all is over now, but what do you do if the person just doesnt get it? And does the damn "drama" EVER END?!?

2. Kreigore

Kreigore New Member

That's pretty crazy, but you're right - some people simply don't get it. I don't know if I personally would have went down and said anything about it like your boyfriend did -- unless it got incredibly out of hand. I probably would have waited for another incident and then would have walked down with my girlfriend and would have waited for him to say something.

Kudos to him though for talking to the kid, I'm glad to see it didn't start anymore drama (a fight, etc.). I doubt the drama will end, unless you find some other place to shop or the guy ends up leaving the store as he claimed he was going to. He might have been just saying that line to make you think he was worth something more. :dunno:

Out of curiousity, how old do you think the guy was?

3. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Tell the manager in a written statement that you are being harassed when you go. If the guy is not fired and it happens again, contact and attorney and the police. That shit shouldn't fly.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

The kid is in love with you, would even want to be married with you if he could. I don't think he is a bad kid or anything, he's just hopelessly in love with you. The more you visit him, the more crazy this kid becomes , therefore i would go with a wide range around that bi lo thing and never come in there again, just let your friend Rob get whatever you need, and be done with it. Seeing rob instead of you over and over again will turn him off eventually.

5. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

He probably was 20 like he said he was. Didnt seem much older or anything.

6. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

The first time I went, in the beginning of the "shopping trip", I didnt think anything of it since we were talking about my car. Tons of people end up talking to me about my car b/c there's not many girls here driving them, especially not 5 speeds. So I was fine with that. When he started saying things about how great we'd be together and stuff, I wasnt liking it anymore, and made sure I mentioned Rob and whatnot, even got talking about how long we've been together, that I live with him, etc. I started going inside, and he said he'd hope to see me come in soon and that if I ever stopped talking to Rob, then I should come spend some time together with him. Before I left he commented on it again.

Yesterday I didnt even really WANT to go there, I was telling my friend beforehand that, but I wanted some snacks and figured maybe he wouldnt be there. I was nearly out of the store too, and didnt say very much at all to him when he was talking to me.

I dont believe I was acting in any misleading way whatsoever. I didnt hide the fact I have a bf I'm very serious about, I actually put it right out there when he started mentioning crap. So I dunno. I dont plan on going there anytime soon and if I do, it'll probably be with Rob (or just send him himself).

7. Kreigore

Kreigore New Member

I was gonna say, it'd be kinda creepy if he was older. :noes: But still creepy nonetheless.

8. LudaMan

LudaMan New Member

You really need to talk to a manager. They should definitely look into that. If that kid is not fired, there is something wrong with the whole store

9. Create

Create :free at last:

Illogical assumption based upon the information given.
    Avoidance is not the answer.

I can't believe you'd recommend that anyone should go through such motions for such a minor inconvenience. Do you run away from all of your problems? You definitely have you moments, Dark, but when you're off you're *way* off.

10. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

tell him hes ugly, and you're surprised his hand hasn't broken itself off his arm yet from being violated.

11. Jake!

Jake! Guest

:werd:

12. Apothis

Apothis New Member

I'm curious about an answer to this as well. If you're actively trying to turn the guy down, why not turn down his number when he offered it? I can see how that could cause mixed signals.

13. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

If drugs is your problem, then avoiding it is your answer,not accompanying it, simular to your response because if you think that seeking the company of a potential dangerous stalker is your logical assumption, then i like to ask you to redefine your logics, because not only logics come into place, you forget that this person might put herself in a dangerous position. That might sound rediculous to you, but i've seen people having complete websites dedicated to the person they stalk, im trying to apply the rule 'out of eye out of heart' here, the less he gets to see her , the less stimulation he will get to pursuede her. I can give countless of other reasons (she doesn't want to be with him), she is already committed, she is not enjoying herself etc etc, but whats most striking is that you call it an assumption instead of a reasoning, i ask you have not reasoned the signs she mentioned 'he gets excited to see her and opens a que row just for her? ' :sad2: trust me ,no assumptions made i know for sure this guy is in love with her because a guy who could not care would not care to invest an effort.

Agreed its a minor inconvenience for you, betting on that you are a guy and not a girl, take it please in aspect that girls usually tend to get more ''attention" then guys because in general most guys want sex. Reasoning from that point ,she is getting harassed by a guy that she dislikes. Should she stay in the vicinity of that guy, well i know you think different about it, but honestly why would i advice her to stay in a place where she does not enjoy to be, if not neccessary?

14. jonno

jonno New Member

:werd:

15. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

He put it in the bag my stuff was in while saying I should call him. I just grabbed the bag, said I wouldnt be calling him and left, and had already said I had no interest the first time I was there.

Maybe I'm all bothered about it because a few years back someone got "obsessive" and would show up places they knew I'd be (formal school dance, drive past my house 6x a day blah blah). :dunno:

We arent going to be talking to a store manager yet, only if it happens again. (Which I'm hoping by the next time I go in, he will have gotten his other job). I do have to pick up some pasta to make today, but I have other errands to run and will be near a different store for that.

That got a laugh outta me lol