A&P People on craiglist are idiots. mostly

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Kirk Hinrich, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Kirk Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich New Member

Guy selling a "mint" nikkor 50 1.8 for 100

I offer him 75, saying that I could obtain a new one for about 100.

Comes back at me asking that I please not offer him "ridiculous lowball offers"

:ugh2:

my experience with Clist has been that 90% of the time, especially in my area, camera stuff is bought and sold by yuppies who decide to take up a DSLR as a hobby, and drop it soon after, then try to unload their shit and insane prices. I'm seeing guys asking 600 for D70 bodies, 650 for a 20D, 200 dollar kit lenses, etc.

I have had two positive experiences with craigslist, sold my 20D to a guy who I now borrow pocketwizards from, and my old canon thrifty 50 to a guy who I have gotten some freelance work from.

2. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

I love all the people that think because Rebels were ~1000 new that they are still worth around 7-800. Or people selling 28-135 ISs for ~400. lol @ people.

3. Kirk Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich New Member

:werd: especially at the 28-135. I see that going all the time for like 500. We should have a POTN "fuck around with people on craiglist" thread. Find some asshole selling a rebel xt for 900 and flood him with insane offers.

4. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

haha :werd: I'm the asshole in my area that e-mails people and tells them that if they want to sell their gear they should price it more competitively and give them links.

5. Girth

Girth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OT Supporter

I sold one of my Sigma lenses on craigslist, sold quick in less than 5 days because I wasn't trying to sell it for what I bought it for!!! :rofl:

6. pl_silverado

pl_silverado OT Supporter

I have a brand new 50 f/1.8 if you wanna buy it.

7. Tedrzz

Tedrzz New Member

i'll give you 50 dollars and you pay for overnight shipping?:x:

8. pl_silverado

pl_silverado OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl:
    :nono:

9. Kirk Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich New Member

do you really? Would you take 75?

10. Mighty_Zeus

Mighty_Zeus Guest

I have a LOT of luck with CL in Alaska. 80% of my gear Lens/lighting, etc, comes from there for really cheap prices, like, criminal prices.

Picked up an 18-200 for $550 when they were going for about $750, it was brand new. I mean there was not even evidence on the mounting plate that it had been equipped to a camera.

That sucks though. I hope our scene does not change. It's mostly college kids that get the gear from....well, I don't ask where they get it from, and Pro's dumping still new stuff for newer.

11. rallysport

rallysport New Member

I saw a guy on fredmiranda trying to sell a D300 with 40,000 clicks for $1800 last week. (I bought mine new for $1650)
    He even replied to his own thread to bump it up, and in his reply he was basically yelling at everyone for not buying it at such a low price. There was probably 3 or 4 other D300s on the same page with 10,000 clicks or less going for under $1500 lol

12. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

this is what I bought my Canon 5omm 1.8 mkII for from an OTer here. I believe it was NOR CAL.

No overnight night shipping though