SRS People get the wrong impression lately

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Nightmist, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Nightmist

Nightmist Power Metal Crew >* \m/ \m/

Lately it seems that people who I just met or only knew for a short while seem to be getting the wrong impression of me. I guess some people feel I'm very negative or maybe just honest in some cases and some people dont seem to give me a chance. I dont know if this is because lately I have been kind of depressed and stressed out so maybe I am not acting myself. I just feel like im not getting any respect or a chance to show people that Im actually a good person with a lot to offer. I have no problems with current friends but just new people. Maybe I'm the kind of person who you need a while to get to know me then you really love me. I just think its so weird that some people love me so much and others think Im some loser. Well thanks for listening to my rant because I just needed to get that off my chest. :hs:

2. Original

Original OT Supporter

Almost exactly how I've been. My girlfriend and a few old good friends are about the only people who know who I am. I've made a bunch of friends this year for all the wrong reasons. Lots of people think I'm a wigger who's on drugs and get's lots of poon. It doesn't really matter to me, I play along with it for a little bit but I hate getting with friends like that. I don't really have much money, I'm on a scholarship pulling a 3.95 GPA, and I'm really mature for my age. I hate my outward appearance :p

3. If you're dealing with depression and high levels of stress then that certainly is something other people are going to perceive and avoid. It's not that you're to blame for it, but you may want to consider finding out if this is indeed the problem.

4. Nightmist

I think it might be part of the problem because I dont act myself totally. I am trying to do my best though.

5. Yeah, I can understand that. Those who understand you and know what happens can probably adapt and listen to you, or learn to cope with where you're at. It's frustrating feeling that way sometimes because it's a loss of control - but with support and different ideas that you pick up you'll probably get a little more insight into what helps you and what doesn't in order to stabilize your moods.

I'm not sure what your history is or what causes the mood changes - it could be simple or complex. But regardless, if you look for ways to improve it, then you will find them gradually and that appears to be exactly what you're doing.

6. Pioneer

Pioneer Are you annoyed? You will be.

Hmmm, sounds like me (sort of).

They all think I'm a loser until they get to know me and none of them bother to get to know me.

IOW, they all think I'm a loser.

7. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

If you're depressed and stressed, then they're probably not quite misinterpreting you... You're unintentionally giving off such vibes. As Walter said to The Dude, "Thats just the stress talking, man!"

8. Nightmist

I think it might be stress talking so im trying to change that because I dont want people to think thats how I am. Although some people just judge too quickly and get the wrong impression of me even when I am myself, but those people I cant control and its their fault for judging people too soon.

9. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

People judge on what they see, and people don't want to hear the truth, they want to hear what they want to hear :hsugh: , which is sad but reality. Just put a mask on for these cases 'up til the point' that they get to know you, and act like yourself again then. Im sure they will love you :)

:love:

10. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Yeah, some people suck, and everyone doesn't have to like you. At times like this one, if you are doing your best... then you can really see who is accepting and who isn't. It can be educational, as you strive to get back to your center.

11. I think coming here and talking about it was a very positive step in dealing with that stress. Perhaps you just need someone to listen to what's happening to you?

12. Nightmist

Yeah sometimes I think having people listen is so helpful. Just coming here and reading others post even helps me because it brings me back to earth and I realize not everyone is perfect and that there are a lot more people out there like me then I thought.

13. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

If people see you as a chronic complainer, or someone that is jaded they won't want to be around you. Make it a goal to say nothing negative for a week and see what type of response you get from people around you.

14. Nightmist

I feel one of my main problems is that I care what people think about me too much. I feel I need everyone to like and accept me and when someone doesnt it hurts. I feel I should just be happy with who I am and with all my friends and family but for some reason even if one person doesnt like me then it really bothers me.

15. Jesse James

Jesse James Guest

youll be perceived as the way you carry yourself. if you constantly make comments that are negative, or you never smile/joke, people naturally assume the worst. you said you care what people think about you right? well dont go out of your way to impress, being "fake" is easy to spot. Just act normal and polite/thankful/YOURSELF and people will get to know the real you, and if they dont like it, than you dont need them as friends to begin with. Youre only as good as the company you keep. If you are surrounding yourself with negative things/people than it will usually consume you. Youll make it through, just be yourself and be happy with yourself and thats ALL you can do, youll never change people. :)

16. Nightmist

well I decided im going to a therapist. I feel like I need a little help because my mood is starting to hurt friendships and myself. I think im manic depressive and I feel that a therapist is the right step to take to get better. Just thought I would post this because it helps to talk sometimes. Well thanks everyone for all the advice given. :hug: