Pentium M Processor

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by quzur, Aug 16, 2005.

1. quzur

quzur Active Member

If a processor is a Pentium M Processor does that mean it has Centrino or is Centrino something more offered on select Pentium M's?

I am looking at notebooks and some descriptions say "w/Centrino" and some do not.

Thanks

2. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

centrino is a branding thingy (heh don't know how else to explain it) for notebooks with the combination of the pentium m and the intel wireless and intel motherboard.

Basically when you put together all of intel's power saving mobile things in a notebook, it gets "centrino technology"

3. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

Centrino is a design for notebooks, and it includes several different parts, and a pentium m processor is one of them.

4. 6Double5321

6Double5321 Into the blue again, after the money's gone

:werd:

Centrino is the blanket term for the processor, the chipset (Intel 855), and wireless network adapter.

5. Dax420

Dax420 Guest

exactly centrino systems all the same chipset/wifi adapter/pentium M processor

I wanted to add, get the pentium M with the 2mb of L2 cache, I have a 1.5ghz pentium M in my Acer and its FAST like as fast as my friends P4 3ghz desktop system in benchmarks.