GUN Pending California Legislation

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Aviator, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Aviator

Aviator Banned

Don't know if it's a RE or not, but in case you guys haven't seen it... Glad I'm leaving this communist state soon.

The following bills are strongly opposed by sportsmen and other owners of firearms.

Your contacts with legislators in opposition are urgently needed now!

FINES FOR FAILURE TO REPORT GUN LOSS

AB 334 (Levine) Firearms: loss and theft -- Would impose substantial fines on anyone who does not report the loss or theft of a handgun within five days of when they know or reasonably should have known of its disappearance. There is no standard of what "reasonably should have known" means for purposes of the bill, but AB 334 supporters have publicly stated that it means that the owner of a handgun has to know where the firearm is at all times. Thus, a handgun kept in storage would have to be physically checked at least once every five days to determine if it is still there.

BAN ON LEAD AMMUNITION FOR HUNTING

AB 821 (Nava) Ridley-Tree Condor Preservation Act -- Would prohibit the use of lead ammunition for the hunting of big game and coyotes in the range of the California Condor. This would affect much of the Central Coast and Southern California hunting areas. Supporters claim it is hunters' ammunition that is responsible for lead poisoning in condors. If AB 821 passes, supporters have let it be known that they will be seeking a lead ammunition ban statewide. Anti-hunting groups know that the alternative to lead, (e.g. copper bullets), is not as effective, will likely result in more crippling of animals, and is also toxic to condors. AB 821 is seen by them as laying the groundwork for a total ban on hunting next as it will allow them to claim that hunting should be stopped because no adequate ammunition is available that will not poison condors.

MICROSTAMPING

AB 1471 (Feuer) Microstamping -- Would expand the definition of "unsafe handgun" to include semiautomatic pistols that are not designed and equipped with a microscopic array of characters that identify the make, model and serial number of the pistol, and which are transferred in at least two places by imprinting onto each cartridge case when the firearm is discharged. This will enable identification of the registered owner.
    Even though over 90 percent of handguns used in crime are stolen, the registered owner from whom the firearm was stolen would become the subject of a criminal investigation and possibly prosecution.

If passed, AB 1471's requirements could soon be expanded to cover all firearms of any kind! And, if a criminal gets a hold of some of your spent cases (as from a shooting range), he can leave them at a crime scene and the police will come looking for you!! To make matters even worse, scientific studies have shown that any criminal can easily remove or defeat the microstamping technology with a minimum of effort.

2. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

:coolugh:

3. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

There is nothing cool about any of this.

4. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

how in the fuck does that make sense. i hate the laws in this fucking state sometimes.

5. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:ugh: who gives a fuck about condors

6. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

you're a dipshit :rolleyes:

7. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

seems like california threw logic, thought, and reasoning out the window when these assholes wrote this shit :bigthumb:

i seriously want to shoot myself after reading that crap.

what a fucking embarrassment.

8. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

Man that state sucks. :ugh:

9. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

:rofl:

each one of these has come up before, and each one has been fucking destroyed. I'm not worried.

10. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Ok, lets not be civil. Faggot

11. copperhead035

copperhead035 New Member

How long until other manufacturers fall in line with Barret, and start telling all of the police agencies in Cali to fuck off, no more LEO sales since all of their civilian laws are such bullshit

12. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

I want to see a gun that microstamps each shell case.

13. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

you really need to be careful how you talk about me on the forum, i dont appreciate it. tone down the disrespect, i dont know where you're from but where i am from, we dont tolerate that. dont even reply to this, just keep your mouth shut. consider yourself warned.

14. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

[​IMG]

15. GTP

GTP New Member

ok. if thats how you want it to be, your choice. do you honestly think i cant bribe fazle for your ip adress? everyone has a price. imon 2 grams of test a week and a gram of tren. do this a couple months back, ok, i mightve let it slide, now, someone so much as looks at me the wrong way an theres gonna be probs, lucky for me they always back the fuck down so i dont gotta get my hands dirty. i know youll try the same when shit hits the fan but dont think ill be so linient, cause i wont. dont mess+

16. striker754

striker754 Chillin

how do you imprint that bullshit on the case in 2 places???

17. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

I think that might be the point

18. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

im letting them figure that one out.

19. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

They have been around for a while. Not tooooo concerned at this point :o

20. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

IN theory if you just have 2 voids in the shape of a SN on the sides of the barrel, the explosition would mark it on the casing.

I like the idea of prosecution for people who dont know where their guns are.. Lock them up.. If someone breaks in, you should know about it! Its too fucking easy to say "it was stolen" and that be the end of it.. If my guns stolen you better believe I will report it ASAP

21. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

and what if it is just some little old lady that has a revolver in a drawer that she never uses, and hasn't moved in the past 5 years?

22. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

then maybe she needs a safe.. or look at it every once in a while

23. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

not disagreeing, but realistically, if she just bought it because she was scared and never learned to use it, or it was her husbands, she most likely would never even realize it was gone :dunno:

24. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

Im behind Barret 100% for refusing to service or even sell any of their weapon systems to LEOs in Cali. I hope other major manufacturers take the same route if that bullshit microstamping goes through, and put CA into a serious bind.