PDF files screwing up

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by radfad88, Jun 6, 2007.

1. radfad88

radfad88 The Batman-O-Lantern

Hey guys, my step mom is having problems with her computer defaulting to explorer instead of Adobe when it comes to reading PDF's and it's basically not letting her read them.

I've tried to reload/update Adobe reader... and it seemed to help in the sense that I can right click the .pdf files (with explorer icons) and choose "open with" -> "Adobe Reader and the program will open up and we can read the pdf's but it's kind of a pain in the ass.

She said she might have actually picked Explorer to be her primary program for those files in one of those windows XP "make everything easy for you by setting defaults" window/dialogue that pops up sometimes...

I know there is a way to manually change the default program for reading a particular type of file somewhere in the control panel but it's late and I haven't been able to find it.

Please help, Guys, I know you can do it:hsd:

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Open up Adobe Reader and click Edit->Preferences

3. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

You can also change the default prog that opens a file type by right-clicking on the file, and selecting "Change" in the middle of the file property window.