PC wont boot

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ElCidKid, Aug 9, 2008.

1. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

I recently moved, so my pc was not powered on or connected to a powerstrip for a few days. I booted it up and it got stuck on the windows loading screen, i left it but after ~15 min I turned the computer off and now the power on light does not come on the HDD light does not come on, the only thing that happends is i can hear the fans spin up and the light on the DVD drive comes on for a second. I cant even get the EVGA splash screen or to the BOIS and the monitor says there is no connection. halp me.

2. Repost

Repost PENCIL DICK

PSU or MObo failure?

everything connected alright?

3. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

yea i opend it up and checked the connections, and I dont think the dunno about a PSU failure, but the mobo has some LED light on it that are always on and they are working :dunno: and like i said it got to the windows loading screen this morning :dunno:

4. justinruns

justinruns New Member

It could be overheating if it is starting up then rebooting at different times. I'm guessing the thermal paste on your CPU is crusty or shitty. Check the CPU tmp in BIOS by hitting del or f11 on startup. If it's over 50C+ on startup you have a problem.

5. awns729

awns729 New Member

if ti comes down to it, unplug everything but the ram, cpu, and psu from the mobo (and graphics card if you don't have onboard) and see if you get aynthing then