PC troubleshooting

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by B-Lo, Mar 31, 2004.

1. B-Lo

B-Lo The new beast mode :x:

Ok guys if anyone can give me some help here I would appreciate it. I have a Dell 8100 that has given me nothing but problems since the summer.The pc would just start randomly blue screening. Sometimes it would do it over and over in a day. Sometimes the computer would be fine for a week at a time. I tried reinstalling the os(xp) it would bluescreen at different points. Well I tried calling dell to figure it out so while I was and they said it was the os. I told them I tried 2k win98 and xp to no avail. They had me run a diag and said my hd was bad. Well I had another brand new hd in their also but the lady didnt want to listen. Well they came out and replace the hd. Same problem. No I cant even install an OS. So i replaced the ram(4 stickz rdram) and ran a mem test, mb swapped , swapped vid cards and the computer is still bluescreening and wont let me install an os anymore. Could it be the power supply or cpu?

2. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

yes it could be psu or cpu.

why not get dell to replace the whole box?

3. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

I don't think it's really up to him

imaging that if we could request a machine swap at first sign of problems...i'd always buy a dell, OC the living SHIT out of it and request a replacement when my hardware went bad.... :wiggle: