pc on tv

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Who Mike D, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Who Mike D

Who Mike D Local Hustler

How do i play my computer games on a tv ? Leme know thanks

2. LIQUID

LIQUID #HarambeBless

connect your pc to your tv using a tv out connection on your video card

3. matrix243

matrix243 Earn this. Earn it.

There should be 1 tv/out for vid, and 2 audio out, left right. Possibly mini jacks.

For the guys that have this hooked up, how is the pq for regular pc operation,vid, and game quality? Is it delayed at all. I'm assuming it depends on quality and length of the cable used. And I'm also curious as to how the audio works. Is it possible to run 5.1 channel through your 5.1 home system, also assuming that the pc says it has 5.1 channel capabilities? Or is that just pc audio hookups?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2003
  4. 04

04 Guest

Picture quality when using a TV as a monitor will be pretty fuzzy, mostly only sutible for games or movies.

As for some kind of delay, no thats pretty much impossible you will have any kind of noticeable delay, even if you use a poor quality cable.

Yes, if your sound card has either 6 analog outputs, or a coaxial digital or optical connection, you can easily hook up your computer to your compatible reciever.

I watch all my movies using my computer as the player, and have no problems outputting a DD or DTS signal, you just need to make sure your dvd software supports SPDIF out...

5. euphoric

euphoric Who else here has some pants? Moderator

my TV loads faster than my screen

6. Johabrie

Johabrie Guest

I don't know about the audio. All I did was plug in a friends S-Video cable from my Geforce 2 MX400 (i know shitty) to my dads 57" TV!!! It was fucking awesome. I played Counter-Strike and watched movies and shit. It was pretty dope. And It was easier to move my computer cuz I just left my monitor on my desk. :~D

7. matrix243

matrix243 Earn this. Earn it.

I'm thinking I could get away without actually purchasing a monitor and save some $$.