pc controlled surveillence camera system, does a multiple RCA input card exist?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by crazybenf, Jan 23, 2005.

1. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

I'm trying to set up a PC based security camera system for my restaurant. (I'm sick of using bullshit VCR's.)

I already have a good amount of the small color cameras with RCA outputs that I am using with the VCRs. Is there a capture card that has more than one video RCA input on it? Any software for something like this? Any idea on where I could find 4-5 capture cards that do RCA video input for REALLY cheap? ($10-25/ea) I want to record each camera as it's own uninterrupted feed.

This is an idea that just popped into my head, and I'd like to make it happen instead of having to go through dozens of tapes.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

dunno about that, but I've built systems that use capture cards with 4 BNC connectors. Same concept.

3. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

I have some BNC cameras as well. Any idea where to get the BNC capture cards?

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

http://www.ituner.com/spectra.htm
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-100-119R&depa=0
    http://www.winnov.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=56&Itemid=75

In all honesty, you're better off grabbing some cheap WiFi cameras (DLink makes some nice ones). You can mount em anywhere, and no cables to run because it's wireless. Then set em up to record to your PC. They're marketed specifically for security systems. Or you can get the ethernet versions for even less (around $40-50) and then run Cat5 to each.

5. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

6. kamiraa

kamiraa OT Supporter

My girlfreinds dad uses software called DigiView at his work. Its cool stuff, you can pull up current or past moments in time (motion activated) , Its all digital'd stored, and then allowed to be broadcasted with a pwd

7. Quick

Quick Guest

8. deesee22

deesee22 Habs Crew OT Supporter

9. zero xeal

zero xeal Guest

Only the generic brand ones are $40 - 50 anyone use a generic one or some brand other than D-Link (theres start around 80 bucks a pop) that can vouch for them?

10. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I've seen the D-Links go for around $50...