WEB Paypal Question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cd'a, Aug 15, 2007.

1. cd'a

cd'a New Member

I am paying affiliate through paypal and I have a list of about 30 people to pay this month. Does anyone know how or if you can upload an excell or csv file and do a mass payment? Would save an hour of my time :bowdown:

2. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

At the bottom of paypal when you login check mass payment, use excel sheet something like

email address amount USD Comment

I think is the format check to make sure

3. cd'a

cd'a New Member

What's your paypal addy..I'll send you $5 for the help ;-)

4. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

lol not neccessary but if it makes ya feel better ron at stlhosting dot com

5. cd'a

cd'a New Member

Paypal Sent..thanks again!

6. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

If you don't mind me asking... how much is paypal stealing from you each time you pay an affiliate? For my next personal project I'm looking at doing something similar... people sell stuff on my site and get a cut of the money. I'll wait until the end of hte month or until they have X dollars and then send them money.

I'm trying to figure out the way to do this without getting charged a shti ton by whatever company I go with.

//edit: Let me rephrase...

I will get paid and the money comes into my business bank account. This is the money I will be charged a percentage on. I don't forsee any charges on the checks to the users of the site because that will simply be a check from the bank.

Are you collecting money through paypal or are you collecting it through some other means?

7. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

Thanks.

I dont think paypal charges you to send money to another person that I know of its the type of account you have that if you recieve funds they charge if its business/premier account. Like on $5 it was 45 cents for me. Higher the amount the more they charge

8. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

yeah, I receive donations through paypal but didn't know if it was different if I actually set up a business account or whatever.

Kevin from OT here donated 25 cents to my site and paypal stole it all :Owned:

9. cd'a

cd'a New Member

I read under the mass pay they take 2% of each payment with a cap of $1. I think I paid out roughly $4k-$5k today so it would have amounted to about $15 they charged if I had used masspay. I did it individually today so I dont believe I was charged anything.

10. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

that sucks. I never use the mass pay but didnt think they charged to use it. I know paypal takes a portion of money deposited into the account but thats expected :wtc: but I do have the cash back with my debit card it isnt shit but something is better then nothing :coold: since 2004 Ive gotten back over $430