paying on a date etiquette

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by poz, Mar 5, 2010.

1. poz

poz New Member

hey guys, i'm going out with this girl ive been talking to tonight. we're going to see a movie and i asked her if she wanted to eat beforehand and she said sure. i already bought the tickets to the movie but i wasn't sure if i should be the one paying for dinner as well. i was thinking about just asking to split it. would this be the right thing to do? :o

2. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Women will come into this thread saying you must pay...

If a girl expects me to pay for everything it's a red flag.

So yeah, just split it. She most likely won't think twice about it.

Though you kinda blew it because when the bill comes I usually just say "I'll get this, you pay for the movie (or whatever activity we are doing after dinner)"

3. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Offer to pay, if she insists on paying her half let her.

Usually how I work.

4. poz

poz New Member

I think I may go this route, although I understand what you were saying, XaPU!M.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

FWIW, a golddigger has straight up told me "I will offer to split the bill, and if the man accepts, I know never to date him again."

I say "good riddance."

6. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

happened to me the other night. I told her I would pay, she insisted. We split the bill.

7. poz

poz New Member

:rofl: I would just give her a :ugh: look and walk out in the middle of the date.

8. Aronomy

Aronomy Get your COME ON!

For a FIRST date I think the man should pay. When dating, 1/2 (or whatever is proportional to salaries). And you don't have to split the bill, you can just switch off. But yeah, first date, especially if YOU asked her to do something, you should pay. If she asked you, well, different story, but you asked her, right?

9. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

though first dates, I usually do something other than dinner (50 easily) and a movie (30+)

Decent amount of money for someone you don't really know.

:ugh: had this one girl who was early 30s, living at home so basically no bills say something like that. Bitch, you make more than me and it's all extra money. Buy ME dinner.

10. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I wasn't on a date with her. She was engaged to my friend (which is a funny and sad story for another time), but she told us this one day when we were basically telling her how crazy she was.

11. infinite.purple

infinite.purple New Member

i am always impressed when a guy insists on picking up the check, but i certainly don't expect it. and if he does, i'll try to make sure i can get the next thing... movie, drinks later, or whatever.

however, if i'm not interested in seeing a guy again, i definitely don't let him pay for anything for me. take from that what you will.

oh and GOOD LUCK ON YOUR DATE! :big grin:

12. Aronomy

I TOTALLY agree with this. You don't want to feel like you "owe" them anything at all (i.e. good night kiss).

13. infinite.purple

infinite.purple New Member

exactly. sad, but true. :sad2:

14. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Haven't you said in past threads that you are the type of girl that goes out on "first dates" with guys you aren't interested in just to get a free meal?

15. Aronomy

No, I don't personally do that, however I understand why some girls do. They can do that if they want, I just don't like the bad feelings that come with it (from the men who feel used or whatever). I am all for taking opportunity when it's there, but I don't do it free meals.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You asked if she wanted to eat before the movie; she's going to expect you to pay.

17. kamen

kamen OT Supporter

There's a half truth to this. It's all circumstantial though, depending on the type of girl he is taking out I wouldn't say she is definitely going to expect it...

18. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

if you ask someone to go somewhere on a date, you should pay. If they ask you, they should pay.

IMO doesn't matter if it's a chick or dude.

19. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Easy enough concept, but what do you do when during the course of an evening you both just kinda agree to hang out on Saturday and figure out something to do... No one really asked the other it just kinda was established through the course of conversation.

20. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I'd offer, but that's because I have money and don't need anyone to pay for me. :dunno:

The point is in this situation the TS asked to get dinner beforehand, therefor she's going to assume he's paying. If they go to dinner and he then asks her to pay her half? :rofl: It will most likely not go well for him.

21. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

make her pay and see if you end up getting sexy time :naughty:

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

If you ask the chick out, especially if it's the first date, whoever does the asking does the paying.

THIS IS WHY YOU MAKE FIRST DATES CHEAP.

A first date to an expensive restaurant is a failboat waiting to happen. Many chicks will say "yes" even if they're not interested because "hey, free meal at expensive restaurant."

If your first date is cheap, who gives a shit if you get stuck paying. If you can't afford $10 for a few beers or a game of mini-golf, you probably have bigger issues than just trying to weed out the golddiggers.

Dating is about SPENDING TIME TOGETHER and not about WHAT YOU DO. I'm constantly amazed how many people don't understand this.

23. poz

poz New Member

Yeah, I asked her out. I think I am going to insist on paying and if she says that she'll pay her half, then I'll let her. Not exactly sure where we are going to eat, but I will definitely take that into consideration and make sure we don't go to a ridiculously expensive restaurant on South Beach or anything like that :mamoru:

24. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Why are you taking a girl to the movies for a first date? The movie length will take a chunk of time out of how much time you have to spend with her... and you can't talk at all to get to know each other, or show your personality

25. Aronomy

Haha, some people are really shy; I think movies are good first dates for shy people. I could be wrong though.