SRS Paxil

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Phazel, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Phazel

Phazel Active Member

Anyone here every have any good experiences with it? It seems like I read a bunch of horror stories about it :hs:

2. Azura

Azura New Member

It does what it is supposed to do. The only time people have problems is when they try to stop taking it. The withdrawl can be a bitch.

3. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Paxil saved my life. How's that for a positive experience? Felt like a blossoming butterfly on Paxil. From suicidal, to outgoing happy chap. Not that I didn't have hard work to do in therapy... but the Paxil made that work possible. You can't get much done with a pshrink when you're suicidal. First things first: treat the depression, then address the problems.

Side effects: made me sweat HORRIBLY, and although I was MUCH more confident and socially outgoing, I was unable to feel much when I had sex with the people I then realized wanted to do me. Eventually I hadda switch to Lexapro, which had less side effects for me, but was still effective.

I never experienced a 'horror story.' You don't much hear people like me talk about their positive experiences with Paxil. Thats because we were cured and have put those painful times behind us. What you hear about instead are the people moaning and bitching that are still depressed (thats what sad people do, instead of make positive life changes) about how Paxil failed them, and they exaggerate the side effects.

Don't let them drag you down. And remember: it often takes 2-3 medication changes (dose, or pill change) to get things right. Its a process, and it isn't easy... but it does work.

4. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Withdrawal was hard for me.
    I don't remember it working too well so I don't think I was on it more than a couple of months either.
    I guess no good stories from me about it.

5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Sadly sometimes it can take more than that too.
    You have to keep your head up and realize that one of these combinations WILL work for you, you just need to find the right one.