SRS Paxil Cr ruined my life

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Shamrock, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock I can in end the world in a Holocaust OT Supporter

My stress levels have sorred my anxiety is uncontrollable I have been making stupid stupid mistakes and just mainly felt like shit. I came from 50 mg of paxil and now am weening off and am switching over to celexa. I feel like I should be in a methadone clinic with the withdrawals I am feeling. Tomorrow I drop down to 12.5 and next week am going to be totally off of it. THANK GOD!. I tried to literally slit my wrists with my own fingers. Luckly my thumb nail wasn't sharp enough to breach the final latyer of skin. I then tried to bite to the veing but could only get a little blood to come out. The pain was too much to continue if I had a blade with me it would have been over.

The anxiety was so much one night I did something i never do, drink and drive, and you guessed it I got a dui and wrecked my car. The only thing that was going through my mind is that i had to get out of my fraternity house and I didn't care what happened. I was afraid to take anymore clonazapam and really had no one to call to calm me down. So i took my keys and drove causing a shit storm that I am now dealing with. tomorrow I go see the damaged that was done to my car(hoepfullynot totalled) and then I have my birthday this thursday when i turn 21. I just can't believe it something would drive me to do something that i literally ripped the keys out of my friends hands the night before so she wouldn't drive home drunk. My parents are so suppiorted and I feel like i am litting them down so much that i don't knwo what to do. they have payed for everything and i fell liek complete shit. don't know what to do or who to see. FUCK suicide but fuck life. I just don't know what to do.

sorry for the grammer/spelling mistakes i can't see the screen through my crying.

2. SixSecrets

SixSecrets New Member

1. Do you have a good therapist/shrink/someone professional?
    2. Why did you change meds?
    3. Why are you anxious?
    4. Should you be drinking and taking medication?
    5. If your parents are as supportive as you say, you should have called them.

3. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Sorry to hear that man, paxil really is an evil drug. That happens to a decent number of people, when suicide is known side effect of a drug it really should be taken off the market.

4. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

i take it and i feel great.

:o

5. BradUF

BradUF Guest

You are in a frat house with all of these problems?

6. Shamrock

moving out at the end of the semester. trust em the problems weren't there when i joined.

7. Shamrock

FIxed with answers

8. Shamrock

Try coming off of it.

9. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

no :rofl:

10. Shamrock

I would honestly try to get on another medication if I was you.

11. gkremian

gkremian New Member

Listen, all anti-depressants (I'm assuming that's what Paxil is) can worsen your depression. That's why there are a shit ton of brands, because some don't work for other people. Lexapro made me attempt suicide, zoloft didn't do much for me, and I've tried a couple others. The thing about anti-depressants is you have to find one that works for you, or it won't be useful.

If paxil works for Spiritus that's great, it clearly didn't work for you.

12. toeshoes

toeshoes Guest

This is true. It's so hit and miss the psychiatrists don't even know. You could be put on a cocktail of drugs or you might have to try ten different ones. They react differently to everyone.

13. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

It is working fine, and it took a while to work so great.

Why would I come off it?

Obviously I would love to have the same results off the medication, but it does not seem to be that easy.

It just has a very strong action on certain receptors, which is why it is so good for me. Withdraw would be a bitch, I would probally order liquid form to slowly ever so slowly taper down off it. But it is all an illusion, just one that causes a lot of suffering.

14. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

:love:

She is right. My ex went through tons of shit, they really didn't have any paticular label for her condition, just really impulsive, maybe manic depressive. Last time I seen her, she was on about 3 different anti pychotics in the mental hospital before I waved her ass goodbye, for right reasons.

She's still messed up :(

15. Shamrock

Listen paxil more than others is causing suicides/attempts. If you don't believe me search for the many lawsuits paxil is now trying to fight. I know it is a side effect to all anti-depressants, but this seems to me more preveliant with paxil. Paxil is a very dangerous drug and unlike lexapro or the others you can't just stop taking it. I'm on week 3 now of weening off of paxil cr and let me tell you it's a bitch. Any other anti-depressant was a breeze it was a 1 to two day transition period. Paxil depending on dosages takes alot longer. That is my opinion and I read yours, take it how you like. I'm just warning you if you have other options(which there are many) take them. I can honestly say Paxil Cr has caused me alot of problems.

16. AlcoLOLic

AlcoLOLic New Member

Paxil caused me some of the weirdest nightmares and night sweats, I discussed it with my doc and he changed me to Celexa and things were fine after about 6 weeks of tapering from one and ramping another.

Sorry you're having problems. Last time I was depressed out of my mind like that I just got so shitfaced every night I couldn't even find my car keys or the doorknob, even if I wanted to. Sure made work a fucking bitch the next day though.