MIL patrick afb?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by net_prophet, Jan 24, 2008.

1. net_prophet

net_prophet Tactical Texan

So I'm heading to Patrick for some training soon. Anyone wanna tell me what the base is like? Anything around base that someone would recommend?

2. Hpower

Hpower GO GATORS

not in the military but I am from that area. the beach is there but I think cocoa beach is over rated, alot of the good surfing is right across the base. might be cool if you have never lived on a beach before. you can get all kinds of rental stuff pretty cheap. like one of my friends rents boats and stuff and goes out on the intercoastal. there are a few good bars down the road a few miles at the port.

3. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

the base is small but the commisary is big and the bx is ok, havent used billiting only a tlf accross the street on the beach. the gym has all new stuff so its pretty nice but small in size.

the area well I lived there for 23 or so years, their is a good amount to do, beach orlando is an hr away, daytona is about an hr away.

check out Kennedy space center, other then that hit the beach and have some fun

4. net_prophet

net_prophet Tactical Texan

thanks for the info, I'll only be there a few days so no real travelling. Just hitting up the local stuff.