Password

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by UrBsTeR321, Jan 23, 2003.

1. UrBsTeR321

UrBsTeR321 Guest

How do I bypass a computer password in windows ME.

I am setting up a network and it says that the system has a password but I have no idea what it is and I cant change it without it.

PLEASE HELP:bigthumb:

2. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Just hit escape to get in. Search for and delete all .pwl files. The next time you boot up, whatever password you give it will be the new password. Or just leave the password blank.

3. UrBsTeR321

UrBsTeR321 Guest

its not a login password. Its called a supervisor password. Like total system password to do anything and everything

4. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Like a BIOS password that won't even let you boot the machine into ME?

5. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Yeah I'm a little confused too. WinME has no way of locking you out of the system. If its the BIOS password like 5Gen suggests, you'll need to pull the battery off the motherboard and possibly move a jumper to clear the CMOS info including the password. What does is look like when its asking you for the password? Does it look like an old DOS screen or is it graphical? Are you SURE its Windows asking for the password?

6. Dommi

Dommi Guest

if it is a laptop you might want to consult docs on it. There might be a cmos battery and might not. You may end up requiring some laptop breakdown or main battery removal in order for this to work properly...