Password program for Firefox?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by chadds, Oct 14, 2004.

1. chadds

chadds Roethlisberger & Palko > your QBs OT Supporter

I just made the switch to Firefox, and like it much better than IE. One thing I dislike is FireFox's password manager.

I used RoboForm for IE, and it filled in everything. RoboForm, and Firefox's password manager miss a lot of sites that used to auto fill when using IE. Anyone know a good password program to use with Firefox?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

your hands. Seriously, for security reasons it's prolly better you don't blindly fill in personal information.

3. Apothis

Apothis New Member

What sites work for IE but not FF? Generally, it should be the same. They should both remember passwords on any site that offers, and not remember the sites that tell the browser not to retain it (like banks). However, there is an autologin extension for FF that is supposed to disregard the no-retention code of those sites (I have yet to figure out how to make it do anything though).

4. 01000101

01000101 New Member

i use the password remember feature myself, but i still think it defeats the purpose of having a password. its like sticking your windows password to your monitor. if someone sits at your box and can get past the first password.. *shrug*

5. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

My box is never left unattended without being password-protected, and I have a master password on FireFox so it won't fill in any personal info (or let you see any personal info) until you enter it. I just type in the master password the first time it's needed in a session and it fills in my passwords for me.

6. Jason13

Jason13 Guest

yeah ur rite Roboform is gr8