Passion of Christ

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by yust4, Feb 25, 2004.

1. yust4

yust4 New Member

I of course have not seen the movie, as it comes out wednesday, but with all of the hype and how the critics have blasted the film so far, im really curious to see if the critics have reason to complain, or if they are motivated to produce negative reports about the movie because it will be so influencial to a rebirth of interest in the church.

see what im talking about bad reviews here

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ThePassionoftheChrist-1129941/

Notice in the cream of the crop section, it only recieved 28% approval?????

also, i know that more reviews are yet to come out, regardless, its still shocks me that it hasnt recieved a higher rating.

2. Bartleby

Bartleby New Member

I'll be checking it out this week, so I'll give my take on it after. :)

3. deznutz

deznutz New Member

Some woman died watching it, had a heart attack or something

4. LongDongWong

LongDongWong U can call me Mr.Wong

Its really graphic and violent, I say go in with an open mind and be prepared to see lots of blood......Its very, very intense.

5. moosegooser

moosegooser Guest

Not a bad film but not a great film, Its very graffic. REMEMBER Im talking about how the movie was made ....not the subject OKAY !!!!

It was terrible the way the romans had no respect for life, Christ or others.

One thing to rember in the film. When they torture Christ they take him to areas to be "punished". Look around. These wips, post and crosses were used before. They were not made just for the torture of one man. The romans used to beat and dismember by the thousands.

PLEASE !! No flames. What the movie depics is horrible, Im not trying to lesser the pain Christ went threw for man. Im just pointing out how evil the world was. If I offended some I sorry, That was not my intent in this post.

6. tripolarproduce

tripolarproduce New Member

i saw this movie on ash wednesday. the theater was completely sold out and the audience was all catholic. Everyone was in sunday clothes and had an ashen cross on their forhead. The movie itself was nothing special, i got more out of the 15 minutes of flashbacks than the 90 minutes of repetitive bashing. Good Friday the 13. The Jesus chainsaw massacre. I was however very moved at the film, thanks to the wildly expressive audience. people were crying in the aisles. a woman a few seats away would whimper every time jesus was hurt. at one point in the movie a toddler began to cry. he was near the front of the house. I could hear his father diciplining "shut up! shut up boy!" needless to say the movie was moving. if boring. and it was boring. same thing over and over and over. the devil was cool, mary was pretty, judas was neat, everything that wasn't jesus being hurt was cool, but jesus being whipped took up 7/8 of the running time. I wouldn't rent it, but i'm glad i got to see it opening night.

7. i saw that movie a few days ago and it made me feel weird. there has been fucked up things i've done in the past but i'll get on my hands and knees and beg for forgiveness.thats how weird it made me feel.

8. tripolarproduce

that IS weird

9. Seriously

Seriously Still hanging on to 2004 OT Supporter

I watched this movie last night and I really don't understand what all of the hype was about. I mean it was graphic and all but I feel like I missed something?

10. PitScar

PitScar Yeah, that's my realtor's name

I guess it means a lot more to those who have beliefs along the lines of what the movie was about.

Still, it WAS really gory. I mean, whether you believe any of it or not, just having that happen to one guy and him not giving up is a crazy story. Geez. Mel has a way with film though, choked me up pretty good in theatre. I thought it was great, and I never heard how it did in the box office, but I cant imagine it did spectacular as there is no way you can watch that more than once.

11. tripolarproduce

there were tons of crusifixions back in the day. they all give up eventually. That's what the dying is all about.