Passion, how to find it?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Kev07, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

I browse kinowear blog all the time, the writer (Jae) always has good stuff going on in his blog.

this isnt the first time i've read about passion and how it makes everything better etc etc, but I read this article again a few minutes ago and I have to admit, this was amazingly well put and got me thinking

http://www.kinowear.com/blog/why-passion-is-so-attractive/#more-257
    Thought about it for a bit, and I really have no clue about what I'm passionate about :dunno: closest thing I could come to is basketball, and I notice I enjoy talking to people about their problems and helping them for some reason :dunno:

The whole article pretty much just goes back to the "be true to yourself" theme

Thoughts?

2. quzer

quzer New Member

I never looked at it this way before but it makes a lot of sense. Being passionate about something makes you sound confident, you're not afraid to talk about what you like and carefree of how people perceive you.

I'm on the same boat though, I'm not sure what I'm passionate about. If I had to say something it'd be technology. Computers, video games, gadgets! and to a lesser extent being healthy ;o

3. jackjohnson

jackjohnson simple as something nobody knows OT Supporter

I agree 100%. But the key here is to do it for yourself and not to impress other people. That's the only way for it to be real passion.

I've always been a passionate person. I'm very passionate about my job even though I only make 33k a year. Love rock climbing. I love downtempo music and all my friends hate it– I can name and probably own every single track played on somafm.com. Also, I'm very different than everyone else in my circle of friends

I'm an average looking guy but I've noticed that not only girls find it attractive but people in general are always more interested in me. The majority stems from about 4-5 years back when I decided to just focus on myself instead of other people (chasing girls, etc).

Just do your own thing. Be on your own agenda.

4. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

Good blogticle, but for me personally, I'm the kind of person that will speak only about things I'm "passionate" or actually care about. I mean I do a bit of small banther random chit chat here and there about nonsense sometimes, but I guess one of my bosses put it best........."Bob doesn't speak very much, but when he does, he is always right and you should all listen."

Yes, being passionate exumes confidence, but you can also just say be happy and dont just complain about everything in life.

5. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

maybe i just need to go out and experience more stuff :dunno:

i've been doing the whole myself thing for a while now, but i'm still young (19) who knows

6. fixthe fernback

fixthe fernback New Member

I didn't discover my passion for cooking until I was 21. I thought I would NEVER find something I really love doing back when I was 19. You'll find something :bigthumb:

7. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

i just think back to all the things i like to do, and none of them REALLY jump out :hs:

i like to cook too actually, but not enough to really love it (or maybe i'm just too broke for groceries :rofl:, broke college student ftl :wtc:)
    i love bball but not enough to be at the gym everyday to play, but then again, maybe i would if i wasnt so busy w/ school and work
    i like photography too, but not enough to carry a camera around

thats pretty much how all my hobbies go :dunno:

pretty weird, but i think i actually genuinely enjoy talking to people about their problems or motivating/inspiring them, :dunno: