TAT Passing out during tattoos...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by verbal, May 22, 2009.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

I always prepare before I get a tattoo-- eat a full meal, have some sugar, proper rest. But during all three of my tattoo's I've always gotten that passing out feeling-- light headed, dizzy, sweats, etc. and I always ask them to give me a little break until it goes away. A couple of my tattoos are pretty small and I've had to have one or two breaks during them because of this. Whenever it happens I always feel like I'm inconviencing and wasting the artists time and they seem to get a little aggrivated-- maybe I've just always had jerk artists, I dunno.

I'm planning on getting another tattoo soon, full color and larger than any of my others. I'd like to prevent this from happening in any way possible. Is it just my nerves causing it? Is there any way I can prevent it?

2. notcreative

notcreative New Member

it's pretty common, i wouldn't worry about it too much. Usually most shops have candy/chocolate around for that very reason.

i'd say if your artist is not making you feel comfortable, find a different artist.

3. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

I have a friend who is pretty near covered from ear lobes down to the soles of his feet and he passes out and vomits EVERY time he gets tattooed! :rofl:

You can't really control what your body is going to do. Bring some water/juice and a granola bar with you. Make sure you're breathing and not concentrating on the "pain" and you should be fine.

4. )><(((x>

)><(((x> Member

My tattoo artist told me to bring juice and every time I felt like that I'd take a few sips of juice and it fixed the problem.

5. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

Did you bleed a lot? When I got my first tattoo I bled alot. I mean....more than average. The artist described my arm as "Bleeding like a stuck pig" It was bad. And after aout 20 minutes of grinding into the same blood soaked part of my arm, I felt a bit dizzy as well. Like the poster before said, drink juice and eat carbs

6. Rojo Johnson

Rojo Johnson Active Member

I passed out during my first tattoo, it was actually when he first started. I hadn't eaten in a few hours and it was really hot in the shop. I woke up like WTF, did I just pass out?!? He was even 2 minutes into it :rofl: I just went down to the corner store and got something to eat and I was good to go for the rest.

7. verbal

verbal Active Member

I haven't bled at all with the three tattoos I have-- both inside wrists and upper right pec.

8. ~QueenBee~

~QueenBee~ OT Supporter

i've never experienced that. With any of my tattoos. But as recommended just bring something sugary with you to munch/drink when the feeling starts to hit.

My last tattoo I was bored laying there, so I actually took a nap and my artist laughed at me.

9. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

You bled. Everyone bleeds during a tattoo. You just don't notice it as much sometimes.

10. Nolimit26927

Nolimit26927 High Class White Trash OT Supporter

read that as "eat crabs" :rofl:

11. Digital_High

Digital_High New Member

When I sat for my outline my artist had my GF get me soda and anything sweet. I didn't feel like passing out or anything.

12. Two toys

Two toys New Member

this is an old thread but i'll chime in.
    my artist has glucose tablets available for people who get woozy.

13. onomatopoeia

onomatopoeia onyamomma

I absolutely HATE needles but never felt like I was going to pass out with any of mine :o

Tattoo on left and right ribs and on my inner bicep

I've passed out from getting a shot at the Dr.
    And in a college class when we were talking and looking at pictures about spinal bifida
    :rofl: