Passenger Side Mirror HIT, Where to buy a cheap replacement and how to install?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by MitzEclipse, Mar 28, 2003.

1. MitzEclipse

MitzEclipse Member

Passenger Side Mirror HIT, Where to buy a cheap replacement and how to install?

Hi All,

The passenger side power mirror on my 1995 Acura Integra Special Edition got hit while it was parked on the side of the road. I could not find the mirror anywhere on the street and luckily there was no other damage to the car.

Two questions:

1) Where can I buy a cheap replacement, hopefully in the GREEN color? I've checked eBay but didn't see any passenger side mirrors. I will call junk yards tomorrow, but in the past they haven't been that 'cheap'.

2) Are these things easy to install? It looks like the mirror was just hit from another car's drivers side side mirror - the wires for the power mirrors are exposed. Are they splicable? How do you mount the rear view mirror - must the door be taken off? Are there any special tools involved?

Your suggestions are appreciated. If anyone knows of a good place to buy the part and get the labor done in Seattle, I'd love to hear those suggestions as well.

I can be contacted via email as well: [email protected] Your help is extremely welcomed.

Thanks!

2. MitzEclipse

MitzEclipse Member

Anyone know any good junkyards online that can do some nation wide searches? I checked out junkyarddog... anyone know of any others?

3. turbodiamonds95

turbodiamonds95 tapout,chokeout or knockout