GUN Passed my CCW class.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 1BadZ, Dec 22, 2006.

1. 1BadZ

1BadZ Uber :Aug2000: GM Nazi

I thought it was going to be tough, but the class turned out to be one of the easiest things I've done all year.

My instructor was an old friend of mine who I ran into and we got talking about firearms, ect. After the semester ended, I finally had enough time to take the class and qualify. Even though I'm a novice pistoleer, he was constantly impressed with what I've learned and researched from various sources (including you guys).

I got to fire his Glock 17 as well, and I'll probably be shot for saying this; I like my XD45 better, even though I shot better with the G17. I shot tighter groups with the G17, then again I shot smaller groups with a Beretta .22 target gun. Nature of the .45ACP I guess. Trigger pull was nice too, more linear than the XD, because with it you've got tons of slack then a very short SA pull. His was a 3 (or 3.5) pound trigger, and mine's somewhere between 5.5-7.5 pounds. I like the XD's mag release button better, and I like that the slide is taller on the XD and when I bring the sights up; feels more ergonomic to me.

I got to shoot a bunch of his rifles while we were at the range. His .300 Win Mag was really fun. But I think I might get a G3/FAL/CETME variant for my first rifle. I really liked the way it shot, and for the price it would be a nice starting point.