Passatworld really has gone downhill lately.

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by deusexaethera, Jul 23, 2009.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

There seems to have been a huge influx of noobs recently, specifically of the teenage variety. I guesss that means the B5 chassis is old enough now that parents can afford to buy them for their kids as first cars.

Really, they ought to be crushed before they reach that point. They are so goddamned expensive to maintain, and not really worth the effort.

2. I<3URANUS

I<3URANUS Looking is free but touching will cost ya. OT Supporter

It was pretty cool when I had my b5.5 like 4 years ago. but ya, it was going downhill from about 05-06... I couldnt stand it anymore. I never did have an issue with my 5.5. I did, however, have and issue with the trannie braking on me in my 20th GTi... Fucker cost me $2000

3. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

I think the B5 has been affordable for a while now, I found a 4motion wagon for my younger brother to buy that cost around $4000 early last year. It happens to all the mid level imports eventually- but even more disconcerting than new owners who hack a vehicle up is when their 'veteran' enthusiasts spend far more than the vehicle is worth to maintain and customize it.

4. art_VW_shark

art_VW_shark OT Supporter

Passatworld to me never had an ethusiast feel. I use it if i need technical info, like i needed a bulb ID, but if I had a "tricked out" [GOD i hate that term] b5 with a built up 1.8T on K4s, etc, i'd be on vortex

5. art_VW_shark

art_VW_shark OT Supporter

b5 cr00 up in this motherfucker

6. deusexaethera

The Whoretex doesn't really support the B5 platform that well, from what I've seen. They're mostly A-chassis guys there, for B-chassis you have to go to one of the Audi sites, which like to hate on Passats for being the redheaded stepchild of the platform. Hence why Passatworld exists at all.

7. deusexaethera

Yeah, I might be guilty of that. :wtc: Only to a certain extent though, I haven't painted the engine covers or installed footwell lights or any of that nonsense. Just maintenance (which there is way too much of), mild power upgrades, cheap wheels, and a nice stereo.

I feel less bad about the stupidly-expensive flashlights I've bought over the past few months, because those I'll be able to give to my grandkids as long as I don't lose them.

8. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

I'm not talking exhaust and stereo upgrades. I was referring more to those owners that spend $1200 on an adjustable suspension for their $1200 Jetta that they'll never take to the track.

9. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

Did you get your new car yet deusexaethera?