partner keeps getting Yeast Infection..

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Darrin, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Darrin

Darrin Eat. Sleep. Arrest People.

Ok, so my first sexual partner someone developed a yeast infection and obviously it passed onto me, this was roughly a year ago. I went to the doctors, i took a pill as did she, it cleared it all up. fine! or so i thought.

I met this new girl, the first couple times we have sex all is ok (all unprotected), then she starts complaining of itching etc. After a few days she developes a yeast infection. We both take a pill and clear it all up. Fastforward time, we start having sex again and the EXACT same thing happeneds. I dont understand it..

she never got any of this before having sex with me, but i never show any "signs" of having it until after she 100% has it. It kinda seems like a "what came first, the chicken or the egg" debate. It'd look like it was never wiped from my system.. but twice? When taking medication 100% cleared it both times?

What should i do :(

2. okita1

okita1 Great spirits have always encountered violent oppo

not trying to be mean or anything but maybe could be a hygene problem?
    from my understanding theyre caused by bacteria down there

3. Eris

Eris Yes please

yeah yeast infections are bacterial ...... if it's that big of an issue ... gotta say ... wear a condom!!!!

your body will eventually build a tolerance to the meds (guessing you've been talking Diflucan) - if you take it enough.

cant imagine how uncomfy yeast infections are for guys ... but they suck for girls! i had one once and it was triggered by taking a long course of antibiotics

Last edited: Jul 11, 2005
  4. afterShock81

afterShock81 If I could only have one food for the rest of my l

what is a yeast infection like for dudes? I guess you never really hear about them

5. ProneToEpisodes

ProneToEpisodes New Member

I just had a yeast infection and they are not fun (Im a girl) Trust me do not have sex while you have one or with someone that does. I havent had that many but when I have I do the over the counter Monistat one day and then I dont have any sort of sex for a week. Showering and cleaning yourself are super important although you dont want to be toooooo clean because that can cause a yeast infection too. There is a pill you can take daily you can but it from a nutrition store... Cant remember what its called....

Back to the 1st post how many days do you go inbetween yeast infections and sex?

BTW I heard guys who were not clipped are more likely to get yeast infections because they dont clean themselves as well

6. ProneToEpisodes

Dont know about guys but girls get an ichy feeling sometimes burning when peeing and white chunky discharge like cottage cheese but more so grainy

7. okita1

okita1 Great spirits have always encountered violent oppo

had one a long time ago, itches like hell, no discharge or anything like that
    just really sucked

8. Darrin

i wash my penis every day i guarentee you that, and i make sure i wash it every time before sex (i like it to be clean for her hehe), i dont think its a hygeine issue..

for males u get kind of a rash on ure penis and its itchy, and all the skin kind of flakes off, makes ure penis SUPER SMOOTH after heh.. but yeah i really am sure its not a hygeine issue, im a pretty clean guy. And as i said, me and me ex had sex most days for 2yrs and she only ever got it once.. mm :(

9. ProneToEpisodes

Sounds like the girl is dirty.... Or maybe shes not getting the meds....

10. RSXe

RSXe New Member

Yeast infections actually aren't bacterial in nature... but they can result from an imbalance of good bacteria, due to taking birth control pills or being on strong antibiotics. Yeast infections are caused by a fungus which overgrows when certain bacteria are not present in sufficient quantities in the body. Although it's tempting to say that good hygiene will eliminate one's chances of getting a yeast infection, it's not entirely true. Using antibacterial soap can even cause a yeast infection, so it doesn't matter... if you're genetically prone to getting one, or are doing any of the above things, you're likely to get a yeast infection no matter how clean you are.

11. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Yeast infections and bacerial infections are two different issues. But you could get a yeast infection from a ton of different things like not washing lube out after sex, antibiotics, hanging out in a wet swimsuit, etc. It is not just a cleanliness thing. Bacterial infections you need to take anitbiotics to clear up, which you can get more frequently from and uncircumsized penis. And the antibiotics will probably give you a yeast infection so have some OTC monistat handy. A yeast infection is from anything that will throw off your PH balance down thurr. They suck, they really suck.

12. Darrin

I know she takes pills that make her slightly more open to it, but she never had a prob with her prev partner :(

im just worried heh.

13. Shelby500

Shelby500 New Member

if u have anal and then go straight to her pussy thats where its comin from

14. Darrin

thats not the case im afraid :(

im thinking about seeing a doctor :S

15. Takumi

Takumi New Member

I have the EXACT same problem. Ex always got infections, passed them to me. Now 2 years later, I am passing them to my current girl (she never got any before me). If you want to avoid anymore infections, use a condom (for at least a couple months) and have her get some strong meds from the doctor. Even then they may come back once in a while. Doctor's don't usually give anything to guys, because if you clean yourself and have good hygiene, the yeast infection will go away on their own within a couple days.

16. Darrin

17. Inthemidstofinsanity

Inthemidstofinsanity New Member

Curiousity . . . are you circumsized or un?

18. Darrin

un-circumsized. And again, i only show signs of a rash after she complains of itching and we had sex. Its never me to come up with the symptoms first. But she never got it with her ex and neither did i.

im ever so confused :(