WEB parking domains with google

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Falconer, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I have two i'm not using atm so I was going to park them with google adsense for domains.

i'm following the directions and it says to add a new CNAME entry with your adsense number, and it says to "name" it "www." Well by default godaddy already has a CNAME entry called "www" and it currently points to "@".

So are CNAME aliases specific? Can I call my google one something else like "www1" or can I modify the currently existing one to point to my account instead of pointing to "@"?

2. hank85

hank85 sudo shred /dev/sda -f -v -z --iterations=6

Change the @ to pub-xxxxxxxxx.afd.ghs.google.com

This will point all www.<domain>.com traffic to your parked adsense page.

Then change the A record for <domain>.com to 216.239.32.21. Once that's done add additional A records for 216.239.34.21, 216.239.36.21, and 216.239.38.2.

Edit: xxxxxxx being your adsense number. ;)

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I know. I'm confused cuz it told me to name that record "www," but there's already a record with that name. I will change the @ to my adsense id.

Ok question: My adsense ID is in the format you listed, but it has "ca" in front of the the "pub...". I'm not supposed to include that, right?

4. hank85

Can't give you a definite answer on that, but G can.

Log into your adsense. Click on AdSense Setup tab. Then select AdSense for Domains. On that page you'll see Your unique identifier is:

Be sure to add the domain to your list of parked domains. G will approve then start to display ads.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

^ once I added them to my adsense account it gave me the correct ID to use (no "ca").

6. hank85

Most excellent. I believe GoDaddy lets you copy the same settings over to other domains you're not using yet. So slap those all over everywhere!

:wiggle:

7. fl0rine2

fl0rine2 New Member

why not go with a different PPC company and get better pay?

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

^ can you suggest some? I don't know of any other than godaddy and I hear they make you pay to do it (lame).

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

are you allowed to submit parked domains to google searches? I have two parked domains now whose URLs are commonly searched keywords. I want to make sure people are going to get to the sites.