TAT Parents Permission? (tatoo newbie)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by SoD, Jan 15, 2004.

1. SoD

SoD New Member

I'm 16yo and want a tat, i was just wondering if need my parents permission or will the parlor do it anyway? :x:

2. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

You have to either have your parent there to sign consent (and i think even then, theres an age requirement of some sort) or wait till youre of age. DO NOT trust the shop that will do it other wise. If they'll break the rules for you, they'll probably break a few others that you wouldnt be so excited about. (Ie: sanitation, etc.) Sorry! :(

3. SoD

SoD New Member

Awww, oh well i can wait 2 years :big grin:

4. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

We'll be excited to see it, if we're all still around! lol..

5. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

yea nowhere decent is gonna tattoo anyone under 18

the longer you wait, the more time you have to think about it and the more youll appreciate it

6. It sucks to have to wait, but it is a good idea. I can only imagine what I would have gotten tattooed on myself if I had been able to get one done when I first wanted one. I was five so I can only imagine having a smurf tat on my bicep....

7. DejaVooDoo

DejaVooDoo *Jojo*

Haha, my best friend would always tell me when we were like 13 that she wanted all of the superhero's tattooed on her toes when she gets old enough. Damn sure enough, we are 21 and 22 now, and she had all of her toes tattooed. Superman, She-ra, Spiderman, Batman, Catwoman, etc. We could only think of 9 of them, so on her last pinky toe, she got Mighty Mouse!

Moral of my story: Think about what you want looong and hard.

8. I wanted my first tattoo when I was really young. I looked at lots of tattoos, and alot of different places and in the long run it took me about 5 years before I got it. I'm glad I took the time to think long and hard about what I was doing because I really like my tattoo. The extra time is just insurance that you will not regret what you do.

9. Grape_Ape

Grape_Ape OT Supporter

truth

10. SoD

SoD New Member

Yep, I think i'm pretty mature at my simple age, i dont want anything crazy just something simple to remind me of my childhood.

11. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

Wait to do it. Get a design and Post it on a wall or something where you will see it EVERYDAY. I mean EVERY SINGLE DAY.... Contemplate that design till you are of age. Inteh 2 years that yo have that up, and you still want it and haven't changed your mind, then go get it.

think of yourself 5 years ago. You thought you were mature didn't you, but you look back now and think :ugh: Damn was i a dumb kid. now 5 years from now, you may look back and say :ygh: damn as i a dumb kid, and you'll have a dumb kid tattoo to remind you forever.

Mind you I'm not putting you down. You may really know what you want. I know I decided on my tatt at about 17. got it almost 2 years after I designed it initially. now 2 years after I got it, I still love it.. but I did think it out for a long time.

12. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

13. Nitromike

Nitromike Abused cabbage patch kid

I think for me the real test of a tattoo and how much you like it is if you forget you have it. I have a dragon on the back of my neck that I designed and it's just never in my mind at all unless someone points it out and asks about it. To me it's just a natual part of my body. The only one I actually think about is also my only piece of flash, Kanji for dragon on the back of my calf I got while visiting Memphis for the National F-Body gathering, it's being covered.

14. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

i wanted a biohazard tattoo :hs: never did that. that was some goofy shit right their. but i designed my brands and love em. :bigthumb:

15. Everett

Everett New Member

i got my first tattoo with my mom when i was 16. i went in first and then she got hers after me. it was pretty cool getting a tattoo with my mom. now i gotta go and get one together with my dad. i still love my first tattoo.

16. Uthinkso

Uthinkso Tattoo Canvas

I held onto my first design for about 3-4 months, but I was 18 when I got my first. It is now in process of being covered up.