SRS Parents have a drinking problem

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FastTrack, Jul 7, 2006.

1. FastTrack

FastTrack Guest

I've known for the pass few years that my parents have a drinking problem. I have confronted my mom a few times about it but she just says that it's "A grown up thing" and "It's my money". (I'm 16 BTW).

They drink about 12 Long Necks of Budweiser on every weekend afternoon and about 1/3 of a gallon bottle of VODKA.

So in 2 days, the EACH go through 24 Long Necks and almost a full Gallon of Vodka EACH!

I don't know what to do any more, I've tried talking to them and they just yell at me about and say they're never drunk, but 11PM each night they stuble in the house from the porch (Where they drink) and you can just smell it horribly in their breath.

I told them that it hurts me inside every night they do it (7 Days a week), but they didn't say anything and just walked away and started drinking about 30 minutes later.

What can I do about this??? I'm very scared for the well being of them and somewhat concerned about me and my sister.

Any help is appreicated.

2. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

Start here: http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/

I'm sure they are aware of their problem but aren't ready to do anything about it. It will catch up with them, however, eventually.

Also, be aware that you and your sister have their genes and are predisposed to the disease of alcoholism.

3. FastTrack

FastTrack Guest

Thanks, but I don't think they will be willing to go to a meeting, they get pissed when I say that they drink to much... I know for a fact they won't go to a meeting. :(

From what I have seen the achohal do to them, I do not want to drink achohal every. It tears me apart when I see them drunk.

4. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

The link was for you, not them. It's a support group for the victims of alcoholics.